My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a long shot but I'd like to buy about 30ft. of 8" i.d. flexible hose for a leaf vacuum.
Or...would anyone know if 6" corrugated drain pipe would work, reduced down?
Leaves I have to get up in the Fall always end up under overhang sheds, and I recently got a lawn vac, only a 10ft hose and adapter for a mower discharge port.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,494 Posts
Last year I bought a section of hose from this company: https://www.universalhoseandfittings.com/category_s/1833.htm for my Trac-Vac. They had the best price I could find for 8" hose, and had free shipping. They are located in Farmersville, VA - depending on where that is in relation to you, you might find an even better deal for pick-up.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I believe corrugated drain pipe isn't smooth on the inside (which the hoses for these systems, like that pictured in post #2 are), so it will be very prone to clogging, both because it's smaller, but also because all those edges will catch every twig & branch you happen to gather with it, and then leaves & grass build up on the branches.

It sucks clearing a plugged hose, when the hose is really long, really stiff, and you can't see where it's plugged (ie, the hose is solid black).

Find a source for a good hose, they are available in multiple grades (how strong they are). And make/buy a good pickup tube with a handle, so you don't have to bend over to vacuum up the leaves.

·
Administrator
13,496 Posts
Think twice about getting a 30' hose. Not only do they clog, they become very heavy after about 15 minutes of use. I have a 16' hose that becomes quite unwieldy. It also gets under the wheels of the vacuum if you're not careful.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Mine has the mower to vacuum hose like in the picture, I was hoping for a longer one. I'll try that company.
Looks like it will have to be the right hose to work properly.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year I bought a section of hose from this company: https://www.universalhoseandfittings.com/category_s/1833.htm for my Trac-Vac. They had the best price I could find for 8" hose, and had free shipping. They are located in Farmersville, VA - depending on where that is in relation to you, you might find an even better deal for pick-up.

Just looked them up, Farmville is only about an hour away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts