My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,358 Posts
My hospital was required to have a certain count of parking spaces for the employee count by the city. They didn't so they repainted the lines in the parking lot about that wide so that they had the right count.

Sensible people would just park over the lines but you had those people who couldn't park outside the lines so they would park one space over leaving a tiny space. Then some idiot would squeeze into the too small spot and have to climb out the window. It was stupid.

After they built a parking garage they repainted the lines at normal spacing.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I will have to acknowledge that as a dumb young man, my buddies and I might have tried the same thing.. just to crack ourselves up. Thankfully we didn’t have such opportunities in the small town we grew up in… lol

·
Citizen of Earth
16,924 Posts
You see it all at a Walmart--just comedy relief..:sick:
My Dad used to call the odd folks we all see at Walmart, "Walmartians".

·
Super Moderator
17,693 Posts
You think parking at Walmart in a runt vehicle is fun try doing it in a super duty or mega cab truck.
////////////////////////////////
My Wife, before she retired was a mass merchindiser for 9 years. One of her biggest clients was Walmart.
Some stores she had to visit several times a week. Put up a lot of new displays/cardboard cutouts/end caps/etc.
Had to haul all that stuff around w/ her--load and unload-throw away =whatever. The companies -Sony/X Box/ Mitshisisi etc. sent all the materials to our house for her to sort out--because they didn't trust Walmart to be able to find the stuff or even know about when it came time to use. So a lot of times I helped her out--( I was out on medical /surgical leave at the time)-but wasn't well enough to go back to my full time work yet.
Gave me something to do and help her= (she bought me lunch sometimes)

Craziest thing--all these big carboard boxsbags she had to tote around--Walmart employees, for the most part would not help her with anything unless she really asked--and then they didn't even want her to use an empty shopping cart around the holidays --'because a customer might need it.'(n)

Sad the way they operate--and yes-it was crazy out in the parking lot too-- trying to unload some of these displays. People will literally run over you--and she realized you can't lay anything down--anywhere/no time --without some one walking by and trying to pick it up. I'm 100% serious here. I always kept within a hands reach and a close eye on our stuff. Tis a Da*( shame!!:sick:
glenn

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
Walmart parking lots, try walking with a cane thou one,
I have, I have. To the point I now have one of those VIP mirror hanger passes. If I can get into the store without the cane it is grab one of the store furnished walkers. I have even grabbed one of those in the parking lot at those convently place walker locations.

·
Registered
904 Posts
have both the mirror tag and the plates, never fails someone tries to run me over or hunks their horn when trying to back out, and now they restriped the parking so they lose a major pile of handicapped parking spots .good old walmart NO THANKS only when needed/no choice
parking spots smaller never fails someone with a dually or a big suv takes up 2 spots .

·
Citizen of Earth
16,924 Posts
Walmart parking lots, try walking with a cane thou one,
Yep! I've been walking with a cane for over 5 tears now and it can be quite an adventure since I have only one walking speed and that is slow.

Reactions: charles g

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
Not all Walmart parking lots are equal. If I were in Phoeniz like we should be by now I would take some pictures of what they have done to cater to us old folks. But if you are expecting senior parking forget it, it doesn't exist. Which reminds me I need to see about getting my mirror hanger updated before it expires in January. Plates are due just maybe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts