My Tractor Forum banner

5261 - 5280 of 5295 Posts

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,530 Posts
Re: Walkbehind For Sale & Wanted

WTB Good Clean Replacement Deck for 6255

Hello, my 6255 that I restored and have been using for about the past 6 or 7 years has suffered the dreaded chute opening crack and I would like to replace the deck if I can find a satisfactory aluminum deck. Im not sure all the qualifying models that may work but I am pretty sure anything with a D series engine from the mid to late 70s would work with the one handle rear wheel adjuster setup. The 6255 doesnt use the adjuster but it has modification brackets that are engineered to mount individual adjusters on each wheel with that deck. Images of the one I used when I restored it 7 years ago.

Please PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,497 Posts

Craftsman 21" self-propelled Walk Behind Mower with Honda engine, Variable Speed. Mower was manufactured mid 2005, but hardly used. It is set up for mulching/recycling. It has new air filter, new spark plug, fresh oil and is ready to cut. It came with the house my Daughter and Son-in-law bought, and is not needed here. I'd like to get $100 for it and have it picked up locally.

Thanks for looking

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,497 Posts
Sold: Craftsman Walkbehind

Craftsman 21" self-propelled Walk Behind Mower with Honda engine, Variable Speed. Mower was manufactured mid 2005, but hardly used. It is set up for mulching/recycling. It has new air filter, new spark plug, fresh oil and is ready to cut. It came with the house my Daughter and Son-in-law bought, and is not needed here. I'd like to get $100 for it and have it picked up locally.

Thanks for looking
Couldn't figure out how to mark this listing as sold. So, Quote - and so noted Sold in under 24 hours, I suppose that means I priced it too low.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: eBay/Craigslist Postings

Wow! That is cool! The same mower in my avatar. Too bad it doesn't appear to have been stored very well for an NOS mower.
Yeah I did notice that it looks like it sat somewhere damp its whole life, definitely not worth $500. Judging by the outside condition, there's always the possibility of rust in the cylinder too. The mower in your avatar looks super nice.

·
5,207 Posts

Wasn't sure where to post this but I am looking for someone in the Springfield, Missouri area that may be traveling to, near, or through the Quad Cities that could bring an 18x24 Lawnboy sign with them. I am so gun shy after the last NOS sign I got from a forum member got creased in 2 places by UPS. Let me know if you can help. Bill

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts

WTB Good Clean Replacement Deck for 6255

Hello, my 6255 that I restored and have been using for about the past 6 or 7 years has suffered the dreaded chute opening crack and I would like to replace the deck if I can find a satisfactory aluminum deck. Im not sure all the qualifying models that may work but I am pretty sure anything with a D series engine from the mid to late 70s would work with the one handle rear wheel adjuster setup. The 6255 doesnt use the adjuster but it has modification brackets that are engineered to mount individual adjusters on each wheel with that deck. Images of the one I used when I restored it 7 years ago.

Please PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!
John I think your best bet for a donor deck is an aluminum deck off of a model like the 8255, or a similar late model D-400 shaft drive. That's what I did for the D-400 in my avatar. They are a bit heavier than Magnesium, but It will match up with your commercial model much better since the original commercials were aluminum anyway. Everything about the aluminum is better in my opinion. Those pop up on ebay quite often. You will have a couple of holes to fill, but that's no problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

I'd be bidding, but my other half would... Not be pleased, we'll say, if I brought home another mower. If it really sells for $6 I'll kick myself.

·
Registered
89 Posts

I'd be bidding, but my other half would... Not be pleased, we'll say, if I brought home another mower. If it really sells for $6 I'll kick myself.
For that price, might be worth taking a chance

·
Registered
84 Posts

For that price, might be worth taking a chance
Looks like it sold for $27. Somebody got a great deal (even if the engine's seized.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have two old aluminum deck push mowers for sale cheap,

First is an old Jacobsen, engine is a new-ish Briggs quantum replacement and steel ball bearings are new. Got this off a customer and have no real interest in it, was hoping someone on here would. Engine was running a couple years ago (before I started doing his grass lol) but I haven't tried starting it. As far as I know, it needs a carb cleaning and a blade adapter.

Second is a 1971 JC Penney branded Toro Whirlwind. It has a 4.5? hp Tecumseh. My grandfather bought this mower new in 1971 and used it regularly until around 2007-ish when my dad took it to replace the lower crank seal. My dad left it outside for years until giving it to my brother and I, it has been mostly covered since then, but is back outside now as I need the space for my new 10651... It is complete, not sure if we still have the blade but adapter is still here, also have the original owners manual from '71 which is kinda cool. I know the JC Penney mowers are super rare, I would really like this one to go to someone who will restore it back to its former glory. Again, not looking to get rich here but I will not give it to someone who is gonna throw it in their truck and head straight for the scrap yard...

I never seem to have any success posting pictures here, so for pictures just text me 412-500-3927. I'm located near Pittsburgh PA, ten minutes off the turnpike. Thanks.
Finally have a method of posting pictures, here are a couple of the Penneys mower I listed above, would really like to get it to someone who will fix it up and give it some love, you don't see many like this. The Jacobsen listed with it is gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
For Sale - Lawn-boy M21 commercial mower - Charlotte, NC

Hi All,
Have an M21 Lawn-boy mower. Was using it as my weekly mower for past 5 yrs, but now has a no-spark issue. I’m asking $50 for it. Has a relatively new drive belt on it. Compression is about 125psi cold. Model # 680501

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: For Sale - Lawn-boy M21 commercial mower - Charlotte, NC

Hi All,
Have an M21 Lawn-boy mower. Was using it as my weekly mower for past 5 yrs, but now has a no-spark issue. I’m asking $50 for it. Has a relatively new drive belt on it. Compression is about 125psi cold. Model # 680501
If you were a few hours closer I'd be on my way to get it now lol

5261 - 5280 of 5295 Posts