My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 214 I bought for a $100. It had been sitting for 4 yrs. The owner, a tractor guy, told me he thought the rings were shot because it was blowing smoke. So, I first got a battery. Cleaned gas tank and took apart carb. Upon inspecting I noticed it has a fixed main jet. The top of the carb wher the jet is (pressed in?) there is a hole. I can stick a scribe in there. The needle looks bent. How do you get the needle out and replace it? Can it be replaced? Should I just buy another? Here is a photo... Thanks for any info

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
It is a fixed main jet and it dosent need to be removed.Just use a welders tip cleaner an clean it out, doubt there will be anything in it.

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
I would just look for a new carb. The Walbros are a little finnicky in cold and damp weather. My Massey has a Walbro and has needed 3 rebuilds and 4 bowl seals in the 1 1/2 years I've owned it.

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
How bent is it? Cant get new ones.D332 is right about finnekie but the one i have is fine, if it not bent too bad it will be ok to try to use.The top one is the low speed idle.Mine isn't in the center if your looking in the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts