My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by today for a quote on a X748 with Hard cab with heater wwwiper strobe, 48 snow blower, rear PTO, 3pt Cat 1 and 54 mower. The computer was down so he told me he would call me at home later. At least I got some brochures to look at.

Lou

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Just make sure your sitting down when he quotes you the price. Hate to see you get hurt. That will be the "cats meow" set up like that. congrats if you decide to get it. Ohh and it goes without saying.......... Pictures are a must.................Gary

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
You'll probably be looking at around $20K. Anything under that is extremely good. slkpk

·
TE Forum Contributor
408 Posts
If you are going all out, you might as well get an SE model. :D

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
If you are going all out, you might as well get an SE model. :D
Ditto! The seat alone is worth it. You'll be flirting with $20K anyway, so the % increase to get the "SE" package will be negligible.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the SE. He said it is a Curtis cab. My budget is 25 he warned me that there will be a 850 set up charge. I will try to negotiate that charge and sales tax out.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Sound like an awesome setup for the winter. Don't forget to let us know how you made out with the purchase. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
33,612 Posts
Sounds like you're definitely getting one beefy setup and all ready for winter too! Can't wait to see the pics!

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
:MTF_wel: fellow NYer. I hope it works out for you! That would be a superb year round setup.:fing32:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Sound like it will cost you about a grand a year :hug:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Sounds like that will be a great setup. Let us know how it turns out. :trink39:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I will try to negotiate that charge and sales tax out.
Pics will be great and that is probably the best residential snow setup you can get!!! but I want to know how the above quote works out :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No cab on the 4410. I am calling and will go back in about 1 hour, he never called back. It gave me time to do an Excel spread sheet.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered. Now the wait.
Using the brochure from JD I speced out and priced what I wanted. My estimate 23055. I took a 10% discount and added the $850 setup $21599. I arrived at the dealer and his price was $18320 with a $3206 tradein ,the LX280.
Close enough so i went over the details.
He did not include the switch panel or strobe for the hard cab, I included some hydraulics that were not needed. I also felt that the Rear PTO was never going to be used so I eliminated it and added the 60 frontier rear blade.
The package is now a X748LE with 54C shaft drive mower, ROPS hard cab with Stobe, ww wiper, Heater, Swith panel, 47 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blower, Cat1 3 Point Hitch
Tax and setup $21756 and LX280 or $23352 plus tax

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Congratulations on the order. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My next item will be a Cyclone Rake, snow and leaves are my major reasons for this buy. I sent for the DVD. I test drove a X728 with the Hard cab, 47 Blower and 7iron deck. Deck is too big for me. Switch panel has room for 3 more circuits. I will add XM radio, and LED Bar (roof) lighs. Still have room for a GPS

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Congrats that's a heck of a set-up!!!!GPS?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I would guess you have a good sized building or buildings because of the other tractor, but if you want to put the 48 in a residential type garage you will want to measure the garage door clearance with the strobe on it.

You sure ordered a really nice setup and once you get out in the really bad weather you will see how nice these heated cabs are.

The biggest thing about these heated cabs and rarely talked about is the safety issue.

You don't have to be in a hurry and you can see really good, but also keep in mind just because you can see good doesn't mean the other guy can.

Get lots of pictures for us you most definitely ordered first cabin.

Rob

1 - 20 of 49 Posts