My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a little younger I would take my toys apart to see what made them go. Inside a lot of my toys back in my days was a little tin motor with twin magnets. I never forgot these little motors. They brought me many hours of fun. About 13 years ago I seen one on E-bay. Well 13 years later and I think I have the worlds largest Aristo-craft Vintage toy motor collection. I still watch E-bay every week to see what new.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
33,745 Posts
Kevin, nice collection. Mine never lasted past the tearing the toy apart phase of life!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,884 Posts
Very cool, Kevin. Love the story, and those two dealer displays are awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Cool! I think I could spend a week at your place; like Disney World.

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About once a year I google to see if there is anyone else collecting these.
So far no hit. Only my page.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very cool collection! Love the old vintage boxes, a simple way back to a time gone by. Very nice unique hobby, good job!

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Seeing your old motors brought back memories. I used to take mine apart too, but REALLY apart to the point that they wound up in pieces, and eventually in the garbage.

I'll bet that there are folks who would give anything for these motors for toys they are restoring.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Interesting collection, I like the cap guns too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for such old electrics, but I don't think I've ever seen the Aristocraft motors before.

wwxx

·
Banker / hobby farmer
622 Posts
Pretty cool collection, I like it. These toys were before my time, but my dad had some from his childhood up in the attic that he recently brought down after an attic cleaning. I love the old style etc, and sometimes wonder if I should have been born in the 50's or something instead of the mid 80's.

·
Wheel Horse & Parts Maker
156 Posts
Kbeitz:
Do you have a web site where your collection is shown and you talk about these, or just the photos 2013 ?

Glen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts