My Tractor Forum banner

Vintage chainsaws!!

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  MoJoMowerman 
#1 ·
Went to the Union thresheree in Symco wis and they have a shed that has tons of vintage saws hanging from the ceiling!

And look at these signs!

See less See more
#6 ·
The ProMac 55 McCulloch I bought in 1971 is still running great.
That's great service from your Mac, but I don't see anything much newer than the 1950's hanging there, and most of those are two-man or He-man saws that you would have been glad to retire when the new generation multi-position aluminum alloy saws came out - starting with the revolutionary Homelite XL-12.
Great collection! And I'll bet many of them would still run.

#5 ·
Likin' those old chainsaws, but I am loving those chainsaw signs! Wow. Those are suh-weeeeet!

#14 ·
I find the biggest threat to keeping my old saw running is parts availability. I needed the chain brake and ignition parts for the ProMac 55. An ex-dealer I took it to said no-luck but then like a miracle he got the exact same saw donated with a broken frame. I got the parts and have been good to go for about 6 years! I do hear you on the vibration and hearing although I got hearing protection when I got the saw. It wasn’t as good as today but I did wear it all the time and I can still hear! Well, sort of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.