My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I had my camera out to take some photos of that compressor, I though I would grab a couple highlights from the 1960's catalog I have and plan to scan for you all someday.

First, we have this one.

Shoot.... go ahead and just let the kiddies play on the tractor, they keys are out after all!

Then who here would not like to score one of these NOS? :fing32:

This could come in handy, I have never even seen one in the wild though!

Or how about a flail mower!

Am I the only one who is thinking... "I wonder if there are any push reel mowers on craigslist?" :praying:

How about a round of golf then? The hidden gem in this photo is the old Jeep CJ in the background! I assume most golf courses do not allow you to take a Jeep on the greens, right?:fing32:

Lookie here! Dual disk harrow! Cool....

That's all for now... I can't spoil it all! :Stop:

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Thanks for sharing these vintage shots with us! Cool to see a blast from the past!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Niffty photographs.
Thanks for shareing.

Is he wearing a chin strap in that golf cart photograph?
In the background the flag is hardly fluttering.
I bet his mom dressed him that morning.

I'd like to get one of those Haban Flail mowers.

·
Administrator
12,533 Posts
Great vintage photos. I wonder how many golf cart body kits were sold?

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL... I have a feeling that was a very poor seller myself. Although they sold a really nice trailer that was made to either tow the trailer, or to be used by the tractor. Nice rounded corners on the front and a slight wall wrap around to hold it in place. It was also a tilt bed trailer. Very nice looking!

·
Registered
498 Posts
nice pics, can't wait for more

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
Aww, thats it? Ok, i'll wait for more. Thanks for that little bit.

·
5,523 Posts
Great vintage photos. I wonder how many golf cart body kits were sold?
I seen a bolens 850 with one on ebay it went for over 1k.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL.... Alex, those few photos are the result of maybe 50 shots that were weeded through for the good ones, and then run through a photo editing program to crop, clean and adjust just to get what is there!

I am going to check with the office to see if maybe they will swap out my big laser printer or get the scanner working. Then I can get the whole book scanned! Does anyone know if Staples would take something like that and scan it to digital? I have MF-641 trailer manual from 1966, the 1970 MF-630 dozer blade, the MF-10 operators manual from 1966, and the 1967 version of the MF-610 mower deck. I would love to digitize all these to pdf and post them here, but it will take a lot of work to properly scan them all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok just gotta add :wwp::wwp:

Also I think that a fedex-kinkos would do it pretty easily or a photography shop.

thanks for posting these,
Jser

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea... it's twenty five cents a page, one of these days I will get it down there, but thanks for the reminder!

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok guys... it's getting closer now! I took out the full color sales catalog, the owners manual for the garden trailer, and the one for the mower deck. That will cost about $15.00 so I have them in my briefcase and I will try to drop them off soon!

I did not scan the MF-10 manual because it's already on-line. I don't think a good copy of the 610 mower deck is, but if anyone knows... please let me know.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EGAD! I am SO glad I wrote down the quoted price and how many pages on each book!!!!

I dropped them off at Staples and because it's a "book" they charge $6.99 a PAGE!!!!
She asked if that was what I was quoted and then she said she would honor the price!
To give you and idea... there was about 50+ pages!

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
Whoa! Thats a steep price. Glad that sales person was honest.

·
5000 posts and climbing
5,454 Posts
Those are great photos,thanks for posting them.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wait! Later today I will post the link for all the manuals to be downloaded.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Time to give back a bit! (PS - This post is a carbon copy of what I posted in the "manuals" thread)

Here is the eye candy! The full color, 1967 Massey Ferguson catalog which shows off the FULL LINE of Massey stuff! Very nice download here!
http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/Massey-Ferguson-Catalog.pdf

Here is another copy of the MF-610 Mower Deck
www.yankeetoys.org/lee/MF-610-Rotary-Mower.pdf

And this is kinda rare too... The manual for the MF-641 Dump Cart
www.yankeetoys.org/lee/MF641-Dump-Cart.pdf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts