My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a promo video for the new JD 1000 series SCUTs, featuring the 1026R. (The 1000 series is the replacement for the venerable 2305 SCUTs):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRNfZEWf3A

P.S. Man thanks to member 10Ford for finding this!!

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
Looks pretty good so far... I wonder about the transmission filter placement, fan, etc., and those few other things that we have all mentioned (complained?) about here.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Sweet looking tractor. Quick someone buy one and give us a review. slkpk

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
:thThumbsU That's the ticket, slkpk (I always pronounce your handle - slickpick)...

Looking like a good 2305, or in my case, 2210 replacement!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Really nice looking tractor.
Would like to have one to replace the 2305.
Will keep what I have for now, 2305 & 2520.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:thThumbsU That's the ticket, slkpk (I always pronounce your handle - slickpick)...

Looking like a good 2305, or in my case, 2210 replacement!
You are correct sir. Just don't tell anyone else:fing32: slkpk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks pretty good so far... I wonder about the transmission filter placement, fan, etc., and those few other things that we have all mentioned (complained?) about here.
:ditto::ditto: And the notorious "driveshaft grease zerks". :banghead3

But the seat, lights, quick-tach ALL look good.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Anyone here or see a price tag yet?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Anyone here or see a price tag yet?
That's been a question of mine.

With new standard features, such as:
Independent Mower lift
Auto connect mower
7-iron MMM deck
Auto Hitch
25% increased loader lift Capacity
Gas fill at fender (instead of hood)
Folding ROPS
Position control
Tilt steering wheel
Suspension seat
Made In USA

I'm taking a wild guess and gonna say it'll retail for about $2,000 more than the 2305.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has "position control" on the 3 Pt. Hitch. That seems like a very desirable feature from what I've read here on MTF.

Pricewise, I'm wondering if the Made In USA will add anything. Hopefully any increased production costs will be offset by decreased shipping costs.

P.S. In my first post, that should have read "Many thanks" , not "Man thanks" to 10Ford for finding this video.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
I am glad John Deere has come up with nice features like the tilt wheel and suspension seat. That suspension seat makes all the difference in comfort. So far, I like what I see.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
542 Posts
I talked to my dealer today and he just happened to have his regional guys in. They told him these new tractors should be at the dealers in this area around December. There is an "R" series & "D" series. The D series is more of an economy model with less options and capabilites. He didn't have any pricing info yet or specifics on things like the fan & filter issues on the 2305. He thought the deck was the same drive-over decks used on the 2320 and up. If he gets any in soon I'll post pics & details.

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
I am glad John Deere has come up with nice features like the tilt wheel and suspension seat. That suspension seat makes all the difference in comfort. So far, I like what I see.:thThumbsU
:ditto::ditto:

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was surprised that the loader doesn't have a curved boom, like the 200x/cx. It almost looks like a 45 FEL without the goalpost ROPS system.

·
Registered
943 Posts
:greendr:Very nice,........don't know if I NEED that much tractor,.....but I might as well go big right? lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
Very Nice !!! I'm gathering this one will be made by Deere in the US and not by Yamar in Japan.!! Hum not sure about buying one the first year . Hope for buyers sake being new tractor and new factory (at least for this model).

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very Nice !!! I'm gathering this one will be made by Deere in the US and not by Yamar in Japan.!! Hum not sure about buying one the first year . Hope for buyers sake being new tractor and new factory (at least for this model).
I don't think he mentioned exactly where, but according to Sergeant, it WILL be made in USA. Maybe in the same factory as the X700-series?

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
Sounds like they're listening, that's a pretty nice set of features. Hope they got a few more of the ones you all are looking for but I really like the "park" feature on the FEL.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts