My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on in a while, and I haven't been working on LBs in a while, until I re-resurrected the 8230. I cleaned out the carb really well yesterday, and she seems to run great.

Then I decided to put the rear bagger on, which I got from nickzom. It all fit together pretty well with a minimum of tweaking, and I mowed one bagful, about half the front lawn. I then emptied the bag and decided to make an impromptu video.

Why is it that bad things often happen when the camera is rolling? You'll see what happened. This mower has been the bane of my existence. Sigh, another repair. Too funny not to share. I couldn't delete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXshISw8oP0

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,577 Posts
Is that Murphy's Law in action? :ROF
There for a second I thought we were going to see a flying Lawn Boy! :swow:
Too funny...thanks for posting it. :thanku:

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
that sure sucks

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Ive had my share of problems with those recoils. I put a new rope on one of my bricktops. First pull and it came right out. Had to take the whole thing back off!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i feel ya bud, that happened to me last year with my promo, i cleaned the carb7such, & ker-ploink.... the starter spring broke.

all i could do is.....razza frazz)_&()&grumble& walk away from it a min........

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I thought it was an excellent demonstration of patience and calm under pressure. :thThumbsUOh, you meant that to be a demonstration of the bagger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A red-faced priest was trying to pull start a mower with no success. It was a hot day and he was dressed in black - sweat was rolling off the poor fellow.

A man passing by on a stroll joked, "Curse at the blasted thing, father. That always helps get my mower started."

The priest feigned a smile and replied, "After all my years in the service of the Lord I have forgotten how to curse."

"Yeah, well," replied the man, "keep pulling that frikin' rope and it will come back to you."

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think the only thing worse than that would be if he was trying to sell it to someone. I could see that happening to me.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
That is my kinda luck also! Keep the Faith! :thThumbsU

·
Lawn-Boy fan
256 Posts
A red-faced priest was trying to pull start a mower with no success. It was a hot day and he was dressed in black - sweat was rolling off the poor fellow.

A man passing by on a stroll joked, "Curse at the blasted thing, father. That always helps get my mower started."

The priest feigned a smile and replied, "After all my years in the service of the Lord I have forgotten how to curse."

"Yeah, well," replied the man, "keep pulling that frikin' rope and it will come back to you."
Haha! Hilarious!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, that's a very good demonstration that anything can fail at any time. Leave that video up, and post a response later when you have it working. Or better yet, post a repair video.
I in fact do have an "after" video--it started on the second pull that time. I've thought about posting it, but it's kind of boring. This video was a little embarrassing, but I can't stop laughing at it. That's why I posted it. Funny thing, though. Those who didn't watch carefully can't understand what happened. I thought it was pretty obvious the rope came off in my hand.

I think I might have to replace the needle and seat in the carburetor. It runs well now, but if you forget to shut off the fuel valve when you are finished using it, you are rewarded with a puddle of gas on the deck. I think that final step will make this one a dependable mower again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts