My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most everyone here knows of my Vermonster snow removal device. It's a Auto 18 only with a 20hp twin Kolher in it. After using it last year in the snow I was thinking,"What's left to REALLY make this thing fun?" Well, it has the cab, lights, hula girl, weights, chains, rear weights, what's left???

Well how about a tall chute that's completely motorized so your not turning the rod with one hand, operating the hydro with one hand, and steering with one hand.....wait a minute.....??:fing20:

I got a new single stage blower off CL, and took it's chute off of it, kept the turn auger and brace, and gave the rest to a good friend in MI. I then had to cut the short chute base down on the D's blower cause it's slightly bigger then the new base, and welded the two together once I had crimped the old one so it was a smooth transition. Once that was done I had already set the new base to give me max. rotation and also so I could use the original support for the auger. Cut the turn augers "rod" so I could set the motor's shaft into the support once I had enlarged the one hole to size and took a plumber's pipe adapter to mate the two together. One end is held by a roll pin, the shear side has a cotter pin. I am still going to make a mounting plate for the turn motor and might make a snow shield as well.
The top height adjustment hood was the easy part, just hooked up an actuator and then ran all the wires into a switch box that also has the switch for the extra lights in it.

Here are some pics....cause you guys like pics......what cha think??

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
That is some kind of snow removal machine! Nice work on the chute! Should make life a little easier!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the comments.

Archie, I'm hoping for a longer throw. The snow would get pitched really good with the short chute that was on it but would lose direction fast and thus just spray at about 10ft. With this I'm hoping for a solid stream for about 20ft. and maybe a 30 to 40 ft throw!

And it was 40degrees this AM! :Stop:

·
16,814 Posts
Gerry--that looks really good! And to think you were a school teacher..

I think it's a little funny, that I remember reading ur first couple of post's here--and intrducing yourself and asking about Wheelhorse's....:thThumbsU

You've come a lonnnnng way, young man..

As to the temp--we talked to my BIL yesterday up in the western mtn's of Penn--and he said it was 48 there early yesterday morn...

Good luck w/ ur project!!

glenn

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
It's 54 here in the valley this fine AM.
btw, what is this snow blower of which y'all are posting about ? :D :D

Nice Gerry, those elec servo's come in real handy.
Dave

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks, and your right Glenn, I was thinking the same thing, getting the Raider, and not knowing anything about it. Thanks to folks on this site it's still the workhorse in the group. And you and Wanda,(thanks for the heads up on her) telling me to be careful, one horse is not enough.
Well, I have four wheel horses now and a gravely, so.....

As for the Vermonster you asked about, here it is..I have extra lights, and weights, but have never really needed to put more weight on the three point.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice work Gerry. Should do well in the Maine (correction: Vermont) snow! Now you just have to teach Kathy to use it, and you can sit in the picture window and watch her clear the snow for ya! LOL

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mike! But it's the Vermont snow, Darren and Micah and Dennis and, and....have their snow removal rigs! :thanku: And using this is sooo much fun there's no way I'm letting Kathy do it! I don't even have the excuse to have her "warm" me up when it's done, nice in that cab, even in 20 below!

Doug, WHERE are you in our great state of sticksville?? I'm 15 mins from Canada! :trink40:

Gerry

Glenn, as stated before, if I'm on break from school, your welcome to come up this winter!! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last post before action shots or video. I had a friend I met this summer at the show make me a plate to finish the mounting of the motor. I didn't expect it to be 1/8 inch stainless plate!! After drilling some holes and cutting the motor set hole, it's painted, and the electrics are covered with a water tight membrane.

The motor turns smooth and easy, it's ready, and not a moment too soon I think!

Thanks Duke, as always, a excellent job!

Gerry

Attachments

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Nice work Gerry, (and Duke)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts