My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well here is the after photo. Property owner is pretty pleased. Also fertilized with a 33-0-5 W/2%fe @ 4#/1000, (100%RxN controlled release). Will get another shot of the same fertilizer this week. It is coming good:

Wow that looks Great! What did you end up spraying with? I don't think I noticed you mention what kind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So far so good ended up spraying about a month ago and wow what a difference most of my weeds are gone zapped dandelions within a couple of days clover and chick weed not too long after that but there are some spots of creeping Charlie that didn't even respond I think because they are so well established and growing so well. They're smaller pay he's so I think I might just remove all of it polarize the soil and reseed it after. I'll post pictures later!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Well here is the after photo. Property owner is pretty pleased. Also fertilized with a 33-0-5 W/2%fe @ 4#/1000, (100%RxN controlled release). Will get another shot of the same fertilizer this week. It is coming good:

Wow that looks Great! What did you end up spraying with? I don't think I noticed you mention what kind?

Ditto! I'd like to try whatever you used.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

Ditto! I'd like to try whatever you used.

The key to any control issue is to first identify what your main target is and then use a product that best matches that pest/weed. In this case the target was creeping charlie and in other yards, wild violet. The latter is by far the most difficult to control. For hard to control weeds such as this case I used T-Zone, with Li-700 as a non ionic surfactant and drift control agent. The active ingredients of triclopyr and sulphentrazone are good for "tough weeds", and it also has dicamba and 2 4-D also. It is not an inexpensive product but I don't like going back and doing it twice either. Product was applied at 1.4 oz/1,000 square feet.

TZone SE herbicide for tough weeds

For simple easier to kill weeds such as dandelions, a 3 way herbicide such as Trimec, Vessel 992 or MecAmine D are very inexpensive, almost 1/3 that of T-Zone

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
This is my own yard that is driven on about 100 times a season hauling firewood in and out.

The backyard, this had heavy weed infestation before old mature apple trees were removed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.