My Tractor Forum banner

341 - 360 of 367 Posts
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
I thought I over heard someone saying they will pay people $100 cash to get vaccinated. I heard some employers are paying up to $500 for their employees to get vaccinated. Its like the government is doing whatever they can to make people get the shot. Taking vans of nurses to neighborhoods that need vaccinations.

·
Super Moderator
12,810 Posts
Though my wife was still skeptical, we ate at a restaurant tonight for the first time in 14 months. Plenty of available booths. Our county's seven day rolling average for positivity is at 1.5%.
Though my wife was still skeptical, we ate at a restaurant tonight for the first time in 14 months. Plenty of available booths. Our county's seven day rolling average for positivity is at 1.5%.
That's good to hear, Al. It must have felt both good, and "different" at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Today was one of 3 days of my Covid rotation. I'm happy to say I have no Covid patients. I have one who is off the Covid unit and recovering but no longer positive.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
That's awesome. We did the same on Sunday, the first indoor dining (and second time at a restaurant) since everything started. It was a combination of weird and nice.

Reactions: Ingersoll444

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Today was one of 3 days of my Covid rotation. I'm happy to say I have no Covid patients. I have one who is off the Covid unit and recovering but no longer positive.
That's great news! Hopefully things keep making more progress like that.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,213 Posts
Well, got 2nd shot yesterday and the only discernable effect is my arm is a little sore around the injection site, other than that I feel fine.
Congrats Tim. The Mrs. and I cleared our two weeks after second shot last Friday. Fully vaccinated. Feels good.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
That's great Tim! Nice to not have bad side-effects from it. Now it's just counting down to your 14 days!

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,595 Posts
That's good to hear, Al. It must have felt both good, and "different" at the same time.
That's awesome. We did the same on Sunday, the first indoor dining (and second time at a restaurant) since everything started. It was a combination of weird and nice.
It was definitely strange not seeing many others around us but it was definitely a good feeling getting back to eating out rather than doing takeout.

·
15,595 Posts
Tim, glad you aren't having any side effects like I did. You're one of the lucky ones, or I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Tim, glad you aren't having any side effects like I did. You're one of the lucky ones, or I'm just one of the unlucky ones.
Not unlucky. Just someone with an immune system that feels like it has something to prove :)

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Thanks Al, I was pleased this morning when I woke up and felt good, I was expecting to have flu symptoms. Can still feel the arm but I suspect that will be gone in a day.
Tim. That's amazing hardly any side effects. My wife's arm became red and itchy. Take some pictures of your organized storage shed.
Don, can't get mother nature to cooperate with my loading plans, every time I go out to move more stuff it starts raining again. I do have most of it moved now though, just a little bit at a time!! :)

·
15,595 Posts
My son got his second Moderna shot today. Waiting to see how he feels tomorrow.

·
15,595 Posts
They are almost ready to authorize vaccine for adolescents.

Reactions: Ingersoll444

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
Got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday, and after 24 hours, only symptom is a slight soreness at the injection site. And here it's going to be about a 4 month wait to get the second shot (short of us suddenly getting a significant new source for vaccines)...

Edit: revised which vaccine I received.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Got the first shot of the AZ vaccine yesterday, and after 24 hours, only symptom is a slight soreness at the injection site. And here it's going to be about a 4 month wait to get the second shot (short of us suddenly getting a significant new source for vaccines)...
Wow, that seems like a long time to get the 2nd shot Dave. At least you're on the road to immunization!

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
Wow, that seems like a long time to get the 2nd shot Dave. At least you're on the road to immunization!
Yeah, we going for giving 1 shot to more people, and delaying the second dose, so that more people get some protection against covid (either not getting it, or possibly getting it, but with much less serious symptoms).

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Obviously unlimited doses would be better. But from my reading, that approach does seem to make a bunch of sense.

Give at least some protection (I've heard 80% for Pfizer after 14 days) to twice as many people. Then finish the process when you can.

Glad to hear you're started, and I hope they can speed up that timeline!

341 - 360 of 367 Posts