My Tractor Forum banner

321 - 340 of 367 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
My wife's clinic has been seeing Pfizer vaccinated patients with low platelet counts lately. Very easily bruised. Not sure of the connection on it yet. Watch out for this.

She said one patient was scratching her arm and it started turning purple immediately. Lady had bruises everywhere.
Hmm, that's interesting, thanks. That's something we can keep an eye out for. I did notice the injection site is still a bit yellow/bluish, about a week and a half later. And I think it was a bit yellowish maybe around 2 weeks after the first dose.

Scheduled for my 2nd Moderna shot next Monday! Hope I don't have any reaction to it, 1st shot just a little sore at the injection site was all.
Good luck! The reactions to #2 seem really varied. I know more folks who've gotten Pfizer. But one person had no effects at all, my wife was a bit under the weather the next morning, I was worse. Then a friend at work had a 103F fever from it, and was basically knocked flat for 2 days. Some friends just got Pfizer #2 today, we'll see how they're doing tomorrow.

I hope yours goes smoothly. But our perspective is we'd still rather deal with the side-effects for a day or so, vs the alternative.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,595 Posts
My SiL received his second Moderna shot on Saturday. He was tired for a day but no fever or other reactions. I hope yours goes well, Tim.

Reactions: PA318Guy
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
I came real close of getting that J and J and cancelled two days before the appointment. When finally I was able to get the Pfizer 3 miles away. Now I'm reading about the blood clots. Heck, I'm on baby aspirin, I wonder if that's bad if your on any blood thinner or aspirin and you get the J and J.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
I came real close of getting that J and J and cancelled two days before the appointment. When finally I was able to get the Pfizer 3 miles away. Now I'm reading about the blood clots. Heck, I'm on baby aspirin, I wonder if that's bad if your on any blood thinner or aspirin and you get the J and J.
No, you're better off. Aspirin anti-coagulates--keeps blood flowing well and lowers risk of clots.

·
Super Moderator
32,163 Posts
Well last I heard it was only women of child bearing ages, and out of 7mil shots I think there was like 12 of them..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I guess the thing to keep in mind here too, is that when you vaccinate 7 million people.....there's a chance one or more of those would have developed clots anyway. This is where the statisticians need to go to town and determine if the rate is any higher than the underlying populations existing rate of clots.

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Our governor just said the state is 60% vaccinated. We don't have to wear the mask in public. All bars and restaurants are running at 75% capacity. You have to wear a mask inside but not while your eating or drinking. He anticipates June 1st we be back to normality. The infection rate is way down.

·
Super Moderator
32,163 Posts
Our governor just said the state is 60% vaccinated. We don't have to wear the mask in public. All bars and restaurants are running at 75% capacity. You have to wear a mask inside but not while your eating or drinking. He anticipates June 1st we be back to normality. The infection rate is way down.
I missed it if you posted.. What state are you in? Things are really easing up here in NY. More open, and and able to do much more. Word on the street [and school gossip..] is that odds are the Pfizer will be approved for 12-16yo's in the next month or so, and that will mean a normal school year for the kids in fall.

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
What's strange is I live in Maryland but in the strictest county. Its the largest county people wise and it has the least infection rate among 26 counties in the state. The governor said we don't need masks but our county health director says don't pay any attention to your governor, that he still wants us Montgomery County people still wear the masks. County residents are upset. County restaurant owners are even more upset. The county health director said he would increase capacity to only 50% but the governor said 75%. Our county heads say one thing and our governor says another. The infection rate in our county is less than 2%. The state infection rate is less than 4%. Our county is 53% vaccinated.
500 restaurants have permanently closed out of 1800 so far. They said 50,000 people lost jobs, just from bars and restaurants.

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
I have an appointment to get the first shot Wednesday, but we are delaying the second shots to get more people their first one...

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Now the county health director said if 60% of the residents get vaccinated he may increase capacity at bars and resturants, gyms and churches.

The governor has already approved it and may open up all the way in June 1st.

·
Super Moderator
32,163 Posts
I don't even think 60% of people get the flu shot every year. I think its only 40 to 50%.
Not really about the flu here.. Thats a totally different debate that we are not going to get into here. As for the mask wearing? Not that surprised really. The Governor and the DOH have different people, and numbers they need to answer too.

·
Super Moderator
9,707 Posts
In New York it was tough to get an appointment...now they are out trying to lasso people in and vaccinate them....the restrictions were tough , here...but the City is going to be opening back up over the next 6 weeks here to full blast,from the announcements on the radio today...the numbers are all dropping and there is light at the end of the tunnel

·
Super Moderator
32,163 Posts
Ya, NYC is going to pretty much open I hear.. Frankly I think they would be better off opening the rest of the state, and keeping NYC under wraps a little longer with the number of people they have.. But I understand why they are doing it.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,595 Posts
Though my wife was still skeptical, we ate at a restaurant tonight for the first time in 14 months. Plenty of available booths. Our county's seven day rolling average for positivity is at 1.5%.

321 - 340 of 367 Posts