My Tractor Forum banner

301 - 320 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
People that got the Pfizer or Moderna are not protected against the Brazilin strain or the UK strain, That's why they are coming out with a third shot.
I don't think it is an all or nothing proposition with the variants. What I've read is that efficacy of the current vaccines may be less, but some level of protection is still there. Even if it drops from 90 to 60 percent effective, that's still pretty darn good in the world of vaccines.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,213 Posts
The Mrs. and I received our second shot(Pfizer) midday today at a local CVS. Painless injection, arm is a wee bit sore.

vac1.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
That's great! It's a relief to be on our way to full protection. Yeah, so far my arm seems more sore from #2 than it was from #1. But reactions to the shots seem to vary widely.

Reactions: tiretrx

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,213 Posts
That's great! It's a relief to be on our way to full protection. Yeah, so far my arm seems more sore from #2 than it was from #1. But reactions to the shots seem to vary widely.
Yup, I would say relief is a good word for it. Very relieved for my wife as she has health concerns.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was scheduled to get my second shot on Monday. I just got a call that I won't be getting it because of supply, transportation and policy changes. Three reasons???

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Yup, I would say relief is a good word for it. Very relieved for my wife as she has health concerns.
It is a relief. I end up being face to face with Covid positives daily in my hospital job. I feel much more relaxed having had the Pfizer vacc than i did before. Glad you got the shot.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,595 Posts
I was scheduled to get my second shot on Monday. I just got a call that I won't be getting it because of supply, transportation and policy changes. Three reasons???
What is the result if the second shot is delayed? Is the protection lessened overall or does it not make much of a difference? I haven't read anything about that. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
We got our second Pfizer doses yesterday morning. By yesterday evening, our arms hurt quite a bit, mine hurt a lot more than from dose #1. Neither one of us slept well, I kept waking up when I'd move, because my arm hurt. Then overnight I got a headache, was a little achey, and my nose was stuffed up.

Still kind of felt like crap for multiple hours this morning. My temperature was just about 1F high, so not bad. But now, closer to mid-day, I'm feeling somewhat better. Not back to normal, and my arm still hurts, though it is improving. But less overall "bleah" than earlier this morning. A nap may be on the agenda this afternoon.

I will say that I'm glad we were fortunate enough to get them on a Friday, so we have the weekend to recover. I wouldn't have been excited about going to work this morning.

Reactions: Ken22
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·

·
Registered
427 Posts
What is the result if the second shot is delayed? Is the protection lessened overall or does it not make much of a difference? I haven't read anything about that. :unsure:
I have no idea what the delay will do. Many months ago I read something about what the results were after the 1st shot and then after the 2nd however I can't remember what the numbers were. The girl did thank me for understanding so I assume she got some flack on some of her calls.

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·

·
Registered
427 Posts
The young lady did say that I will get a call when my turn comes up. That's good news about the 6 weeks and that gives me 2 weeks to get it 🤞

·
15,595 Posts
I hope you can get it sooner than six weeks, Ken, just to get you up to full strength faster.

Ellis, how do you feel today?

Reactions: Ken22

·
MTF Member
835 Posts
Got my 2nd shot on the 15th of April. No side effects at all other than arm being a bit sore. Not as bad as the 1st though...Even that wasn't worth complaining about..🙄
Here in Eastern Pa. Vaccines "seem" to be abundant. At least for now. And that's including people from 16 years old on up...

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
They just said half my county is vaccinated. About 500,000 people, and a third of my state. Looks like they are pushing to get everyone done by Memorial weekend. They already said or hinted they may open up most of the way or all the way in June. The neighboring states say the same thing.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
We also seem to be reaching "abundant" status here in WI. I'm seeing more and more sites using social media to advertise that they have appointments available immediately. I read an article the other day where newly available slots have gone from hours to fill to days. We are about 40% with one dose statewide, and 30% complete. The eligible population that is based on is age 16+

·
15,595 Posts
NY residents over 60 can now get vaccinated at state run sites w/o an appt.

Reactions: Ingersoll444

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
My wife's clinic has been seeing Pfizer vaccinated patients with low platelet counts lately. Very easily bruised. Not sure of the connection on it yet. Watch out for this.

She said one patient was scratching her arm and it started turning purple immediately. Lady had bruises everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Scheduled for my 2nd Moderna shot next Monday! Hope I don't have any reaction to it, 1st shot just a little sore at the injection site was all.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Scheduled for my 2nd Moderna shot next Monday! Hope I don't have any reaction to it, 1st shot just a little sore at the injection site was all.
Hope it goes well for ya. I'm thinking you'll be high 80% protected. Amazing effectiveness on these vaccines.

301 - 320 of 367 Posts