My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said it may take two years to vaccinate everyone in our Montgomery County in MD. A million residents in the county. There's over 200,000 people over the age of 65. They are still vaccinating people 75 and older. I'm registered but I think its going to be in the summer when I get the shot. It's real slow here. Maybe by that time it will be a one shot instead of two. But in order to get rid of the virus everyone has to get the shot and only 40% or 50 % will get it. So this means we have to get vaccinated every year just like the flu shot every year.

·
Kioti SCUT
477 Posts
CT dropped the age from 75 to 65 starting today. We have 350,000 eligible for 65 or older.

I went into the VAMS online system, created accounts for me and my wife, and started searching. At 10 and 20 miles, there was nothing. Then at 50 miles I found open appointments for the next day. We're driving about an hour away, and getting our first shots today.

VAMS works. But it's updated daily as vaccine is distributed, so you just have to check it every day and keep the search area wide. Cal

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of people left our county and went to a neighboring county to get vaccinated. They even had approved appointments and got turned away because they weren't residents of the neighboring county. It seems you have to register through your county only and not through the state website.

·
Super Moderator
9,707 Posts
It took a million hours over weeks on line and over 500 phone calls ( not exagerating on the phone calls) to get an appointment for my wife...she went on last Friday. for first shot....it was postponed from that Tuesday because of the snow...my appointment is in a week and a half...can't get them together...and have to go to west side of Manhattan for them

·
forkz
6,176 Posts
i am waiting on call back for mine

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
My wife and I get our second shot this afternoon. We live in a small North GA county (16,000 population). The shots are being given by the local health Dept. When they started making appointments last month we started calling at 8AM and finely got through about 9AM. We were scheduled for shots Thursday 4 weeks ago, The call us this Monday morning and told us to come get our second shots today. I think almost everyone over 65 in our county who wants a shot has had at least one.
Cannon

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our county has the most deaths of a county in Maryland. Its the most populated too. You would think they be on the ball getting the vaccines but their not. They want to do all the prisoners before the 65 year old group.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Unless (and even if you are) an M.D. with pandemic experience... let's keep the 'medical' opinions out of this please.

It's forbidden by MTF rules, and will lead to the closure of this thread too.

Thank you kindly--The Management.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,213 Posts
Unless (and even if you are) an M.D. with pandemic experience... let's keep the 'medical' opinions out of this please.

It's forbidden by MTF rules, and will lead to the closure of this thread too.

Thank you kindly--The Management.
Amen. This thread can be a source of information and a place to share. The thread topic is quite clear. It does not ask for, or invite, medical theories, agendas, political innuendos, or otherwise. Posts that do not adhere to the rules will be deleted.

At 5:11 this morning we got a first shot appointment for my 80yo MIL. It took numerous calls over a number of weeks to procure. It seems that is a common refrain in our county.

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
I just went through the PA "Is it your turn yet" Vaccination online questionnaire. Not my turn yet, but I did sign up for notifications so that I'll get more info.

·
Super Moderator
32,163 Posts
My oldest daughter got her first a few weeks ago. Our county is vary small, and we get a vary small % of NY's douses. When I get her signed up there was only 100, and the appointments filed up un 15 min.. We were lucky I happened to check the web sight right when it came on. She works child care at a school so she was one of the first groups due in NY. I work in a grocery store and should be getting mine at any time. Just waiting for the store pharmacy to get it. Im on the list. With the new changes coming down from the state, we think my wife might also be able to get it soon also, because we care for my 81 YO MIL at home... Details are still up in the air on that that though

4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's so strange is Maryland's infection rate went down to 5% and our county infection rate is 4%. Its been going down the past few weeks. Maybe that's why we don't get enough doses. I'm thinking counties with higher infection rates get more doses than counties with lower infection rates. In our state you can't cross a county to get a shot. You have to get your shot in your county. Seems strange, but it is what it is. I'm not pressed for a shot. I'm thinking eventually it would be like CVS or Walmart every year offering free flu shots while you pick up your medicine.

·
forkz
6,176 Posts
i got my first shot today have to go back march 16th for second one so far no side effects

·
Registered
BX2380
29 Posts
Just got my second shot yesterday. No side effects.
Michigan seems slow as well. My wife is under 64 and had kidney removed but can’t get a shot. Waited at a clinic yesterday in case there might have been a no show But no luck.

Chinook3

1 - 20 of 367 Posts