My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a V lawnboy im getting ready to sell and just as i was fixing the blade brake on it,i ended up with no spark.but before that i had to manully remove the spark plug wire to kill this one.is it possible a coil can go bad from sitting a long time or is it the switch or the ground wire?i sappsoe the only way to find out is to take the ground wire off on one end and find out which keep it from running,right?:banghead3

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
check&see if the wire didnt come out of the switch, or the end didnt break

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
That would be the 1st place I would look to see if all the connections are being made for the engaugement. Also the coil gap, if that is alright, then can you swap coils from another mower? If not try the baking trick with that coil. Others should be able to fill in the details of that trick for ya

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since the mowers have been put away because of leaf shredding season,i wont be able to get around to this until late sept or oct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts