My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a guy looking for a new drive belt for his 8228E. Parts guy looked it up, said $80 from Toro!!! :swow: :ROF WHADDA JOKE! I looked it up at another internet site and found it for $35! Ouch! Anyone know where these can be had for a relative, realistic price?? Like maybe $15-$20 tops? Is this possible these days? I had one of these several years ago, but the belt never wore out before I sold it. :crybaby: Wish I still had it. Anyhow, new part #608574 which replaces old #605837. :thanku:

·
Administrator
21,376 Posts
What do you think about an industrial supply house, such as Motion Industries, Bearing Headquarters, etc? Take the old one in and get a match made?

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might work too. I found one for $18, so at least I can hook him up if he wants one.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Yeah, I once found one on ebay for my 8229F, I shoulda bought it as I think it went for $9.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Is this the top belt drive your speaking of?

Thats one reason I don't use mine too often, I'm afraid of breaking that funky belt.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Yep, that's the belt. I don't use mine much either but if mine snaps, I guess I'll just look out for another one, not like I'd be without a lawnboy!:ROF

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
You do have to admit, everyone needs at least one of these top belt drive mowers in the collection though. So unique. I want to know who thought this thing out??!! Bizzare!:ROF

·
Old engine addict
292 Posts
You do have to admit, everyone needs at least one of these top belt drive mowers in the collection though. So unique. I want to know who thought this thing out??!! Bizzare!:ROF
That's why we like Lawn Boys... they were BIZZARE!

There's an 8229A in that pile of parts I got last week. I just have to find some small parts for the engine and put it together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts