My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
put it in the mud
135 Posts
they tear up your lawn of you go down hill because the tractor will want to go faster but the hydro wont let it so they kinda lock up and tear out some grass

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. Think I'm going to order a set as i don't really use my 990 for the lawn. Was just pulling a hog hut up a steep hill and as usual i lost traction with the turf tires long before i ran out of power. I made it but i did have to back up a few times to get a fresh grip and I'm betting that wouldn't have happened with the chains. We're tilling under as much grass as possible anyway, better things to do than mow :trink39:

·
put it in the mud
135 Posts
yea my buddys got the vbar chins and they go about anywhere but deep mud and yup i agree about havin the least amount of lawn hah not a big fan of it

·
trk26
57 Posts
I've used them before not bad but I swiched to used truck chains. there more agresive and I get them free from work. ether way I won't wear chains on my 990 unless I've repositioned and added cross links closer together. the closer they are the smoother the ride and you lose that hard jumping

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have v-bars on one of my 990's & regular chains on the other one that I use for snow plowing. I prefer the regular chains overall & the ride is better.
I sometimes have had the habit of grabbing the fender with my hand while driving. Ouch!!! No clearance with the v-bars as they ride higher on the tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts