My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The IOWAN
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok probably a stupid question :sorry1: but I have a x495 and have been looking at adding a 3pt hitch to the back end for use during the summer and hopefully winter months. My question is... Can I use the front quick hitch blade and also use the 3 point for another blade at the same time? I havent bought anything yet and just wanted to know if I am going to be wasting my time. :thanku:

·
Super Moderator
32,744 Posts
If you don't use all of them for the front blade (4 way) then they would be on different spools and useable. However you would not have power angle available to either just lift and lower.

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
I didn't have a lockout valve on my 445 with the three point and front blade, I don't know if the lockout will keep the blade from moving.

The angle cylinder is controlled by the same lever that raises and lowers the three point. When I would raise or lower the three point, the blade would turn to the right or left. The lever that raises the blade has a float position, which is why the same lever doesn't raise and lower everything.

·
Super Moderator
32,744 Posts
Yes, but the spool with the float position will also allow for full power down and up, you don't have to use the float position. I would want my front blade to float if I was using one front and rear though. The 3 pt. should allow the rear one to kick up if necessary!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
I'm interested in the answer to this question, too.

In another thread we were discussing the pros/cons of going with a Bercomac snowblower over the JD offerings (on an X700-series). One advantage I saw to the Bercomacs was that they have an option available for electric chute rotation and deflector angling (JD uses hydraulic chute rotation). So you would only need the hydraulics for lift/lower of the Berco blower.

A rear blade, in combination with a blower, is a nice snow removal combo. As long as the blade can be used without getting down and switching the diverter valve.

I was wondering if this Berco option would allow the use of a rear blade on the 3 Pt Hitch, with full functionality for both the blower and the 3 PT Hitch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts