My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1952 8N with a back blade that turns around as well as angles. What info can you give me about using this blade and drive backwards to clear my gravel driveway. I don't have chains. Will it work OK or do the lugs fill up with snow?

Harris

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I use mine that way and it is a pain in the neck but it works fine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the same thing on my 1951 8N and it works fine for snow removal without chains. Have weight in the tires. But it would depend on how steep your driveway is. Mine is almost flat. I can use it pushing or pulling. Also works great to grade the driveway in summer to redo the gravel.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I have a 1952 8N with a back blade that turns around as well as angles. What info can you give me about using this blade and drive backwards to clear my gravel driveway. I don't have chains. Will it work OK or do the lugs fill up with snow?

Harris
We used one where I work for 15 years. Very seldom did we turn the blade around except to push up piles. Always drove forward with the blade angled. Worked great as long as you didn't let the Snow get too deep. Didn't have chains or weights and sometimes had to use the brakes to help turn.:fing32:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts