My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Deere G100 and a guy selling a Scotts 30" Mechanical tiller (M0SCTLX) that I want to put on it. Will this bolt up with the right hardware? Not sure what the difference is between the Scotts and Deere tillers. Is it just the color, black vs yellow?

The M0SCTLX tillers are made for Scotts 48" and 54" tractors

The G100 is based off the GT275 I think.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm not sure about the Scotts and JD swapping. I looked at the G 100 and the GT 275 on tractor data. On the G 100 the only listed attachment was the mower deck. On the GT275 they listed two decks, a blower, and a blade. So it looks like the GT 275 might be a bit more of a tractor. The G100 has a K66 rear and the GT 275 has a K70. I'm sure one of the guys that can answer your question will be along.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,481 Posts
If the black tiller uses the ladder style frame that the yellow ones do then it likely can be made to work. You may need different clips on the front to attach to the tractor's frame and you'd still need the appropriate lift system parts. I'm guessing that Sergeant may know for sure if it will work. The K66 is plenty of trans for the tiller, the tines turn in the direction that pushes the machine along - it's quite the ride if it digs in and the engine revs up.

Reactions: oefveteran

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Forgot to mention that I have a 42" snow blower that is currently attached to the G100, so even though it may not mention attachments for the g100, I know they are capable. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,360 Posts
Yes the Black tiller for the Scott's will work On the G100 Should be a direct Bolt & Pin Up (y)

·
Registered
'81 Gravely tractor, 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's Gravely tractors Various Honda Power equipment
430 Posts
I remember the Scott's tractors were made by John Deere in the past. It was a John Deere with a different color and name on it.

·
Super Moderator
17,360 Posts
I remember the Scott's tractors were made by John Deere in the past. It was a John Deere with a different color and name on it.
Those as well as the Sabre Lawn ,tractors were Built on the STX Frame the Sabre & Scott's By JD Yard & Garden tractors were Based On the GT242 thru GT275 Frame as well as the G100 Garden tractor. The Last Years of Sabre & Scott's BY JD Lawn tractors were Based ON the Frame That became the L100 series tractors the Sabre & Scott's By JD Garden Tractor was also still based on the GT275 Frame That became the G100. Prior to Deere Taking over the Home Depot Scott's Tractor Murray Made them .

(y)

Reactions: ST1100A

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since I have the G100 and I can't find any specific hardware info for connecting the tiller to it, I assume the main drive belt for the tiller, (the one that connects to the tractor PTO), is the same part number used for the gt275? M112006

·
Super Moderator
17,360 Posts
Since I have the G100 and I can't find any specific hardware info for connecting the tiller to it, I assume the main drive belt for the tiller, (the one that connects to the tractor PTO), is the same part number used for the gt275? M112006
Let Me Verify that on the Belt

·
Super Moderator
17,360 Posts
Yes the Drive Belt is the same and it is M112006 (y)

·
Super Moderator
17,360 Posts
Wow, this thread went crazy. Just glad the black tiller will bolt up to the green tractor. :)
Sorry for Going so off topic Were Back on track Now those Posts are gone

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I don't mind the cross discussion as long as there is a few answers in there :).

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone know where I can pick up a front weight bracket/bumper?
BM17727 is the # for the GT275. I assume it would fit the G100?
Seems they are discontinued and no one makes them any longer.
Gonna need some weight up front to balance out the tiller.

·
Super Moderator
17,360 Posts
Anyone know where I can pick up a front weight bracket/bumper?
BM17727 is the # for the GT275. I assume it would fit the G100?
Seems they are discontinued and no one makes them any longer.
Gonna need some weight up front to balance out the tiller.
Front wheel weights are another thing you could do which are still available
You could talk to this Member dternus about fabricating a front weight bracket as well Here is his ebay store D&L Creative Concepts | eBay Stores as well (y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts