My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a user manual for a QT-19 that can explain what the lift arm anchors are for and how they work. Due to the cobbled 3-point they got jammed up in the other stuff under the frame and bent. I can only assume that the welding of the sector gear for the steering to the shaft (as you can see in one photo) is a direct result of this jumbled mess. Took me an hour to get it all apart, now do I put them back in or just make up spacers to put in place?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Here's a link to the manuals http://tinyurl.com/3y7jqj3 . Look at the manuals for the blower, tiller and mower, it'll show you how they hook up and on what brackets. It would be a lot easier to understand the manuals than me trying to explain it to you :).
Same machine as both of mine so if I can take pics of anything drop me a line....Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
I have looked through both the service and parts manuals, but I don't find any reference to what these are for or how they work with, what ever. They are free to spin on the shaft so they don't lift any thing, do they just provide a mount point for the mower, blower or tiller? I am going by the mountings on my 1700H eliminator (it does no have these peices) and it looks the same except for these things. Since I'll be adapting any mower deck I find to it (like I'm doing with the MTD model 190-624 snow blower), if these are just additional mounting points, I can cut them out and put spacers on the shaft to make the lift operational. If they are absolutely required for the mower deck, then I have to replace them (way to much work to straighten them out). Since I don't have the exact attachments for this tractor, I am at a crossroads as to going forward. I want to make it a working tractor not a strict restoration, although I am trying to keep it as original as possible. So do I leave them in or take them out?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
here's a few pics I just took, hopefully they'll help a bit.
....do they just provide a mount point for the mower, blower or tiller?
Mower for sure, blower I can't remember for sure but I don't think so, tiller nope. The tiller mounts on the rear mounts of the axle, the one that your 3 point is cobbled up to and the lift arm is a separate piece that runs up the left side of the tractor to the tiller.
Here's some pics.
The piece of 5/8" threaded rod that runs from side to side replaced two separate pins, one on each of the arms. I found that after time the pins being separate allowed the arms to be pushed out and slip past the mower arms. By joining the arms together it kept the strain from bending anything. I assume it's done like it is (arms allowed to move) to allow the deck to float, if it were solid and you hit anything it would push up on the deck and being mounted solid, would bend something.....Mike

**EDIT**
I just noticed looking at you pics that the pin is in the other arms on yours. Saying that I just went and looked at the manual and it shows the pins the same as yours, one in each of the free arms.
The po that had mine must have changed it and I just followed his lead and repalced them with threaded rod in the same holes he had the pins in.It works fine so its going to stay that way :)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your photos make much more sense. My PO must have put the pins in the anchor arms, which when things went around the arms bent on what they hit (steering sector gear for sure, other side unknown). I found a guy about an hour away that has a pair off a 1666 for 20 bucks, so I'm headed there tomorrow (taking mine) to see what else he might have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts