Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a ~3 year old X720 with 70 hours for $4700

Good price or not?

ps Nice site you guys have here:trink40:

:thanku:

·
Registered
948 Posts
If you go to www.machinefinders.com and do a search for that model, using your zip code, it will locate tractors of that model and give you what the dealer is asking for the unit. Some listings will have hours as well. That may give you a good basis to go with. I would think, if the hours are accurate, and the machine has been maintained, the price is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
That's half the price of a new one. It almost sounds too cheap to be real. Make
sure of what you're getting before purchasing it. That's mighty low hours for a
3 yo GT. Mines a month old and has nearly 20 hours on it.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
If you don't know the person you're buying it from, assume it's a scam until proven otherwise. Do not wire money or send a check.

If it's from craigslist, one of the big scams these days is to claim that they or a family member are in, or about to be deployed to Iraq, and that they want to use ebay to hold the money until you receive delivery of the item. The problem is that ebay doesn't offer this kind of service, and you will be sending your money to some fake account that will be cleared out as soon as your money is in there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You

I should have mentioned my FIL owns it and it is well maintained.

He is looking at trading it at the local Deere dealer and they have made it clear that they do not need it but offered him $4700 allowance on the purchase of a new ZTR.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Dang, you cheese heads are kinda slow if it's not in your garage right now. (just kidding).

Seriously good price from where I'm sitting. FIL is basically giving it to you for trade-in or wholesale value.

Your bank or credit union could probably give you an exact value if you're interested.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Thank You

I should have mentioned my FIL owns it and it is well maintained.

He is looking at trading it at the local Deere dealer and they have made it clear that they do not need it but offered him $4700 allowance on the purchase of a new ZTR.
Pop-in-law must like you pretty well, when he could sell it for a lot more on Craig's List or e-Bay. Take it and run, very good deal considering you can be certain it's been cared for.

Bigger question is, why does he want a ZTR?

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I think just to cut down his mowing time.
Why? Most of us want to increase ours; more time to play with the toys.

I'll buy that, and maybe he'll like a ZT mower. I tried one, didn't like it at all, maybe it was just too different.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why? Most of us want to increase ours; more time to play with the toys.

I'll buy that, and maybe he'll like a ZT mower. I tried one, didn't like it at all, maybe it was just too different.
They do take bit to get used to.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'd ask to drive it for 30 minutes and put it through its paces. Good luck, let us know what you did.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Where are you at in Wisconsin? I am sure someone on this site could take that off his hands. I would be willing to make a road trip to go get it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I think just to cut down his mowing time.
Unless he lots of trees and stuff to mow around I bet I can out mow him on my X720.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
He has some trees but not alot.

I interested in heraring how you figure a tractor can out mow a ZTR.
I know people that have both high end GT's, this one guy has a JD 445 and a
Commercial Bobcat both with decks about the same size. He says in area with
little to no trees he can out mow his ZTR with his 445. His main reason was, how
rough a ZTR rides especially with a non-pivoting front beam. ZTR's aren't the
greatest thing since sliced bread for many situations. Also I know several people
that have bought ZTR's on hilly property only to regret it later, they don't go
downhill and turn very well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts