My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I used the 1476 with my newly purchased plow. This tractor is awesome. I sc***** up some heavly packed dirt that my Case 220 couldnt even touch. The Bolens has great control over the plow plus it has a very good lifting range. I cant wait for the snow.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Snow is one thing but hard packed snow when it turns to ice is a whole new ball game. Get a good set of tire chains.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I plowed last winter with my 1455 with no wheel weights and it pushed an un godly amount of snow. It does seem to beat the machine though.

·
5,523 Posts
Very nice looking 1476.

Now get a 1886 and try it.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
You will like the plow. I have used mine in the snow on my 1886-01 and it will push a mountain. Like deerlope says you will need some chains and weights they help a lot.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
I have used my HT23 with power angle plow on deep snow, and it was awesome. Even with wheel weights and chains, I should get more weight on the rear though because my skinny butt does not add much.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Bread320i ,Make sure you check on the wear on that replaceable metal edge so you dont end up grinding away any of the plow as well .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on using weights without chains. If the snow is to much for the plow I'll pull out my snowblower. I dont think I've ever said I cant wait for snow in August.

·
Registered
299 Posts
looking good...ready for snow for sure

·
Registered
85 Posts
Today I used the 1476 with my newly purchased plow. This tractor is awesome. I sc***** up some heavly packed dirt that my Case 220 couldnt even touch. The Bolens has great control over the plow plus it has a very good lifting range. I cant wait for the snow.

Nice tractor and plow. What's even nicer is that it looks like you're restoring a first generation, white, acura integra in your garage :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its actually a '90 Ford Taurus SHO. It was my race car project before I got addicted to tractors. Hopefully soon I'll get back to working on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I added some six inch side plates to an older bolens (1254) plow and it worked ten times better for moving snow..I found the rolloff was excessive until I put those on (i just welded them right on)...the plow still tripped just fine

and now that I see that pic and realize my recent 1556 project has down pressure I wish I'd kept that plow

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Its actually a '90 Ford Taurus SHO. It was my race car project before I got addicted to tractors. Hopefully soon I'll get back to working on it.
I wasn't going to mention it... but I figured it was a SHO. I'm not a ford fan by any means, but I have to admit the early SHO's were pretty wicked with their Yamaha motors. My favorite is the Festiva SHOGUN that Jay Leno owns. Not really a taurus... but... pretty darn cool :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_zEPRMYK4A

Wish the video was better quality. I always thought it'd be cool to build one of these....

Nick

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
NIce Machine! Looks like you have some good downpressure there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts