My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input on these machines? I have a line on a used one with FEL, 60" MMM, spare rear tires/rims, and chains. 200 hours and they are asking $2500. I dont have a year of manufacture, but I probably will be going to look at it tomorrow. Supposedly it is a Bolens made under Troybilt name. I'll be using it to mow my 2 relatively flat acres, and the bucket for landscaping and plowing snow. Does it have auxillary hydrauic ports? Is it a hydro or gear tranny? How are they holding up? Are parts readily available?

Thoughts anyone?

·
Super Moderator
16,789 Posts
At the time the GT's came out under the Troy-bilt label Troy-bilt already owned Bolens Which they bought from FMC. They are based on the Bolens Duratrac. This tractor was shaft driven could take a Cat 0 3point hitch. I know on the Duratrac it depended which model you got weather or not it had two valves and weather or not it had front Hydraulic outlets. Its a Hydro transmission They made these tractor until 2001. 2002 was when MTD Bought Troy-bilt/Bolens You should be able to get part for them from MTD. I know I can still get IH Cub Cadet parts thru MTD and MTD has owned Cub since 1981. Since it was the same as a Bolens Duratrac you can probly get parts for it thru this place as well http://www.sonnysbolens.com/ :thThumbsU

·
Registered
27 Posts
I own a GX 20 bought it new in1994 still going strong great tractor. if the one you are looking at is in good shape i would recommend you buy it. i have not had any problem with mine other than routine maint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts