My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....

I am running vista 64-bit with 3gb of ram. I can upgrade to 4gb for $29.
just wondering if the upgrade will improve performance?

thx

·
-
1,833 Posts
I wouldn't expect a huge difference by adding an additional Gig. It's cheap so it certainly wouldn't hurt. Depends on what you're doing, for web browsing, opening docs, etc. doubtful. If you play first person shooters with lots of graphics, it'll help some, but there's other considerations - i.e. video card processing power/memory, motherboard bus speeds, etc.

Is this a dual processor box? If yes and you go to 4GB it'd be 2GB (instead of 1.5GB) for each processor to fool around with, more efficient.

I say for $29 go buy it. I can remember when RAM was $500 or more for a stick.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Its a Pentium Dual Core....The $29 includes shipping so I guess I'll go for it...I don't play games but my 12yr. old sure does....lol:thanku:

BTW it has a NVIDIA GeoForce 7100.....is that any good?

·
-
1,833 Posts
Yes the NVIDIA GeForce cards are good, that one is a value priced card so it's not their super-d-duper multi core graphics processing unit that can melt paint off a car.

But then again their top end cards are expensive and can cost as much as PC. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
To speed up your your browsing go to Computer... click on C drive... click on Windows and then click on Prefetch...delete all the files in prefetch , just make sure you don't delete the yellow file folder. I do it about twice a day on my 64 bit windows 7 computer and I running nine gigs of ram.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I always install the largest sticks of memory in the slots closest to the CPU.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:thanku:

That Sandra software is really cool. What a great program...thxs.
:trink40:

·
Registered
273 Posts
:thanku:

That Sandra software is really cool. What a great program...thxs.
:trink40:
your welcome I'm very good with tweeking computers to make them faster I started in 2000 when I bacame a pro dj in the adult entertainment business back then there were not that many people dj'ing that way mater of fact when I went to my first adution was when I first saw it . most people were using wave files on the computer and mp3 boy have computers espically laptops make huge leaps and bounds in 10 years I have gone through 12 coumpters in 10 years a nother great info site is

http://www.blackviper.com/

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

if you do these steeps you will notice better performance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts