My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still Plays With Tractors
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back to working on the massey crawler project. I bought a wheel horse dozer blade that had a long frame on it. I built a bracket on the rear end of the crawler to mount the blade frame. I had planned on using a hydraulic unit off of an old gilson tractor that i had put the pump was shot. I bought an ATV 12 volt winch and mounted that to the front to raise and lower the blade and it works like a charm.
I took it out in the crushed rock and the dirt to try it out and it pushes just like the real dozers do!
I have to build the back rest , recover the seat and then paint it yet but it does work!

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
That is a tuff looking little tractor.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Tractormike that is one cool piece of equipment, really nice job. Can't wait to see it painted.

·
I bleed M-F red
787 Posts
It looks good. Nice job.
Where do you put your legs and feet when you are using that thing?

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can not see the operators space in those pictures but there is room for your feet ahead of the seat and between the tracks. I enclosed the operators platform so your feet couldn't get caught in the tracks. Here are a couple of pictures that show that better.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

That is really nice. There must be a lot of hard work hidden under the body. How is the track drive powered?

Brian

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks great and sure would like to see some video of it in action. slkpk

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To answer a couple of questions, the tractor is built out of a Pennsylvania Panzer frame with Massey Ferguson sheet metal on it. The Panzer tractors used a narrowed Dodge rear end and used a 3 step pulley system for their tranny. I modified a set of hydraulic trailer brakes to work on this rear end and use 2 Ford 1966 Mustang single circut master cylinders hooked up to the yellow levers to steer it. The front wheels are built on a sliding frame and are individually adjustable to tension the tracks. The tracks are made from 6 inch wide belting that is used in balers that make the round hay bales. I bent the tire guides to fit the tires and bolted through the grousers, track and then the guides.
I'll post a couple of early build pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts