My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got this welder up and running is really nice and got Argon tank today [330 size] and waiting for my Oil to mix with water then will fire up Tig. Miller pump has bronze gears in it.

But I don,t see anything on these for purging gas & water cooling lines before welding? I have a manual but has topic on Post purging is all I see?
I don,t see how you can start welding before the gas and cooling is all threw the lines?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: UNION CARBIDE HDA-200 Gas & Water on all the time??

Well got this welder up and running is really nice and got Argon tank today [330 size] and waiting for my Oil to mix with water then will fire up Tig. Miller pump has bronze gears in it.

But I don,t see anything on these for purging gas & water cooling lines before welding? I have a manual but has topic on Post purging is all I see?
I don,t see how you can start welding before the gas and cooling is all threw the lines?
HI, Maybe you can help or point me in right direction? I finally got Argon and cooling fluid and fired it up today [tig part] and all seems to work ok BUT my water and gas are on all the time? If I shut off welder they go off but seems like the solenoids have juice all the time?

I checked the foot control and it is working ok--on and off for two wires going to solenoids. Maybe I thought has something to do with the post purge timer??

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: UNION CARBIDE HDA-200 Gas & Water on all the time??

HI, Maybe you can help or point me in right direction? I finally got Argon and cooling fluid and fired it up today [tig part] and all seems to work ok BUT my water and gas are on all the time? If I shut off welder they go off but seems like the solenoids have juice all the time?

I checked the foot control and it is working ok--on and off for two wires going to solenoids. Maybe I thought has something to do with the post purge timer??
Well got it to work--shut off and on when suppose too--Cleaned the post-purge timmer seemed to do the trick,

One more question--I put one quart of solvable oil in 7 Gal of cooling water to lube the gears in the pump--Does that sound like enough??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts