My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out sweeping grass with the new Agri-Fab Smart Sweep. One of the last loads there it was in the front a very young frog about 1" long. Picked it up and put down safely away from the action then dumped the grass. That must have been a trip being picked up by the brushes and thrown into the hopper.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
So how do you like the smart sweep? What are the pro's and con's of it? slkpk

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Cute little critters. I encourage them for the bugs they eat.
What are the pro's and con's of it? slkpk
Well, now we know it is great for collecting frogs. I wonder what the frog capacity is? Bullfrogs? Cane toads? :ROF

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how do you like the smart sweep? What are the pro's and con's of it? slkpk
I like it. The offset hitch feature is nice but if you want it to pickup grass you just cut it is not offset enough for a lot of mowers. The rider is a Toro Z400 with 52" deck. I added an offset hitch to it 3 years ago. It also has a center hitch hole. The offset is about 2 feet. In order to pickup the grass I just mowed I have to hookup the sweeper on the right side offset on the ZTR with the sweepers hitch bolted into the left offset. It works for me. I'm guessing it will work for lawn tractors with a smaller deck. But if the rider had a larger deck I think their would need to be more mods to mow and sweep in one pass.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I swept up a dead snake one day. The cat had killed it and left it out on the lawn. I didn't see it until I was reaching into the basket to grap a stick. SCARED THE WHITE OFF OF ME.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
That must have been a trip being picked up by the brushes and thrown into the hopper.
Getting picked up by the brushes just has to hurt! :hide:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts