·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my view since the upgrade.

·
Administrator
13,638 Posts
I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer, possibly an older version. If so, you may want to look at changing to Edge, FireFox or Chrome... IE is no longer supported, not even by Microsoft (see this Microsoft article here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17454/lifecycle-faq-internet-explorer). You can download Chrome from https://www.google.com/chrome/ or Firefox from https://www.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/windows/

Unfortunately, we got to a point with the old forum software where it was no longer supported by its vendor, so a change had to be made if we wanted to keep going. The fact that IE is collateral damage in this change is beyond our control...

·
Registered
491 Posts
OldGibson, Did you log in? The first time I came here after the new format, I had to log in. After that, I stayed logged in. Bob

·
Make Better Mowers
1,970 Posts
It didn't recognize my old password, either. So I reset it to the same one. I'm too old for all these changes!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,260 Posts
It didn't recognize my old password, either. So I reset it to the same one. I'm too old for all these changes!!!
Hey I had the same trouble with My Password yesterday Had to Put a new One in. BTW for the first 7 years here My Password Was PASSWORD:LOL:

·
motorcycle cowboy
771 Posts
Wow! What an ordeal this is. I have been using Microsoft Edge, could not post or even take the tour. So I tried google Chrome. Seems to work. It'll take awhile to get used to the new site. Where are our 5 year badges? Some of our smilies are missing too.

·
Administrator
2,288 Posts
Wow! What an ordeal this is. I have been using Microsoft Edge, could not post or even take the tour. So I tried google Chrome. Seems to work. It'll take awhile to get used to the new site. Where are our 5 year badges? Some of our smilies are missing too.
Badges we are working on to appear in your profile page. The custom smiles at this time are not available.
-Philip

·
Super Moderator
25,922 Posts
Old Gibsonguy, we asked the folks that did the move and some of the things like badges are coming in the near future. You will find when MS releases the new Edge browser you will be good
I'm a beta tester and have had no issues.

·
motorcycle cowboy
771 Posts
Badges we are working on to appear in your profile page. The custom smiles at this time are not available.
-Philip
Thanks Philip.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
The new site looks great. Everybody will adapt and continue to love MTF.

There comes a time when your computer is so old you can't update it anymore. You can't upgrade to new browzers or OS and you are not compatible with many web sites. You have to get a new computer or internal hardware. I got new computers in 2000 and had to get new ones in 2008. I will be getting new ones in 2020 or maybe 2021 if I can. Computers have gone down in price over the years. It might be time to buy new for many of you too.

·
Super Moderator
31,285 Posts
I had the same issue oldgibsonguy. Once I tried Chrome it worked great. its funny becouse I was using IE JUST for MTF at home, becouse the old software had bugs with chrome...... Anyways... It works great, and once you deal with chrome for a few days Im sure you will get it down. Im not sure when, or if they will fix it to work on IE or not... but as was said, even MS is ditching it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts