My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a few things about plow mods and I'm finding that many people do not realize there are different grades of UHMW that is used on Plow Edges, Plow & Snowblower Shoe's etc. You really need to know what you are buying.

While I am not pointing anyone at where to purchase UHMW this site has information on different properties. Not all the white or black stuff is the same and some things only come in one color. Again I am posting this as a good reference not necessarily a where to buy. Look at the tensile and impact strengths.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-sheets/=1anlfd2

Also TIVAR is a copyrighted name brand of UHMW but also comes in different flavors. TIVAR® is an acronym for Tough Inert Very Abrasion Resistant. Some good info is here.

TIVAR® UHMW-PE Family of Products - Quadrant

I hope this helps anyone who needs UHMW for a DIY project... as always search for the best price but know what you are buying or you may have poor results with your project.

·
21,424 Posts
Thank you!

·
who?
765 Posts
DITTO
Thank you :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Awesome information!

This should be a sticky post!!!

·
21,424 Posts
If you want it as a sticky, it will be in the Back Yard Round Table forum since it applies to all brands of tractors.

All of the members do not necessarily read the JD forum or stickies.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want it as a sticky, it will be in the Back Yard Round Table forum since it applies to all brands of tractors.

All of the members do not necessarily read the JD forum or stickies.
I'm sure this would help all readers please move it if you feel it is worthy.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thank you TUDOR!!!

·
21,424 Posts
Done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts