My Tractor Forum banner

Uh -oh - I've done it now!

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  ToppDogg 
#1 ·
This will probably be my one and only major acquisition.

A few weeks ago a gentleman stopped in to tell me he had a barn full of Simplicity stuff he was going to part with. Well after deliberating and talking myself into and out of the deal for the past couple of weeks, I pulled the trigger today and with the assistance of my youngest son, we brought home enough parts and projects to last awhile. He was a great guy and as honest as the day is long about everything.

No beauty queens here, all non runners, but they were all Simplicities and it was a package deal.

The one I really wanted was the 2012 with hydraulic lift, chains, and snowplow. He said the engine, a 16 hp Briggs, was recently rebuilt, but when he was plowing snow with it last winter all of the oil gushed out of it. He shut it down without doing any damage, filled it back up and restarted it to drive it back to the barn. By the time he got it back to the barn it had pushed a lot of the oil out again, but still no damage. He thought it had pushed out a seal or the pan gasket had opened up. As we were unloading it we noticed a large crack in the nipple that screws into the block for the dipstick. Upon inspection the lift rod for the snow plow had hit it when the plow was lowered and forced it back cracking it open near the threads. The oil slinger was just throwing the oil out through the gaping crack! Tomorrow we will get an e-z out and new nipple and see if we can breathe life back into the old girl!

The tractors included a Homlite T-10, Simplicity 3410H, 3416H, 7010-6 speed, 2012, and a 4211. Many decks both 48 & 42 inch versions, a Simplicity made Montgomery Wards snow blower, 5 other Briggs engines, many tires and wheels, a brand new set of tri-ribs, a new rear lift with the rear lift bar with float feature, and several misc boxes, pails, & small parts drawers of carbs, clutches, and mics part yet to be discovered.

Tri-Ribs and rear lift

2012 w/hydraulic lift

Some of the spare engines

Wards Snow Blower

Homelite T-10

Well, it's done now and no turning back. Time to start sorting, cleaning, and trying to recoup some of my money.

Here is a link to a slideshow of the days haul.
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h...rs/The Haul/?action=view&current=bc6f372c.pbw

See less See more
#7 ·
I won't do a restore, but if possible will get them in good running condition. If I find that would be financially not feasible, will consider parting those out. That is kind of why I got the package instead of a couple of others that were interested in getting them just to part out. I am sure that there will be several items available.

What items are you looking for?

#13 ·
wish i could find somthing like that over here
have fun
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.