My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of those "30 years ago it was nice" things.
Near the house, other side of driveway is a small block garden shed in good shape and useful. Then there's a well house, then another block shed for woodshop, also good shape. Years ago I added onto that shed for a fish pond, then screened it in.
Nice for a few years then a headache. I gave the pond away (so now a hole to fill), aquariums, pumps, etc. That "shed" is falling apart except roof and corner posts are ok.
1st picture is garden shed, then woodshed, then the was-a-small-fishpond shed.
What's the best choice (since it would be handy having a shed for push mowers, trimmers, etc.).
1) tear it down and concrete floor fill in hole, plant grass.
2) tear down bad parts leaving posts, fill hole, tamp, 4" or so concrete. Enclose it, new 36" door, metal roof (replace fiberglass although it doesn't leak).
3) tear it down, fill hole, put a pre-built 8ft x 12ft shed there.
4) have my contractor friend help me, he could work it in with other jobs he has (he lives a mile away). He would match what's there (roof pitch). It would be super nice, a little larger, but not cheap...a few $K.

Thanks in advance. All ideas appreciated as always!
20200513_173139.jpg
20200513_173048.jpg
20200513_173215.jpg
20200513_173114.jpg
20200513_173014.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife just now was thinking similar, tear out the bad, fill hole+concrete. Then walls and door. I could store things and lock if necessary. It would look better than now which is unusable space.
All thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Throw some vinyl siding on it and use the open and for a woodshed?

·
15,000 +posts!
20,087 Posts
Doesn't look that bad to me..I've seen guys live in worse looking buildings!..could use better windows and doors maybe,but the rest of it looks solid still..

I wouldn't tear it down..cinder blocks last longer than humans and once your used to having a storage place you will miss it when its gone..

·
Super Moderator
29,546 Posts
Maybe some decorative trellis in front of the broad white block area to tone that down a bit or some hanging baskets. Then needs cleaned up in the screened area and around and some flowers/low shrubs planted, and I would opt to find a different color trim to highlight it some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts