My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this front attachment for ( I think) a JD 300 series. The jackshaft runs front to back,the front frame piece is removable and looks like an electric motor or generator mount. It does not have the "over engineered" look of a home built piece. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. It may be modified (butchered) to run a sprayer pump on the front of a 216 using the snowblower drive pulley, but if it is a rare piece I would hate to ruin it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry but the file attachment does not want to take my .jpg . ( I am a brand new member),I will keep trying. There are no numbers on it or any evidence of a label on the paint. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I've seen a John Deere front generator attachment at a couple of tractor shows. I'll see if I can dig out some photos of one of them tonight and post them here for comparison.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There isn't much way to attach a generator I would think a generator would be bolted down solid. What ever that for it only has a 2 point attachment and one little tab on the other side.

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
That looks like it could be the base for the MacKissic Shredder/Grinder.

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
I would say that is it could be for a 140 also that is what mine is on don't see many to mount on the Hydro tractors
Why would they be rare for a hydro tractor? Is there a difference in the way attachments mount in the gear vs. hydro Deere?

The one on my Bolens will fit pretty much all of the tube frames, hydro or gear driven, with the possible exception of the 600.

The one for the Bolens uses a sub frame that mounts to the tractor, and then the chipper mounts to that. Pretty simple actually.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for the help. It looks like the Mighty Mac is the one. My 25 year Deere dealer had no idea what it was.

·
The Missing Goonie
1,230 Posts
I've seen a John Deere front generator attachment at a couple of tractor shows. I'll see if I can dig out some photos of one of them tonight and post them here for comparison.
There was one on eBay awhile ago. Thought it was a really cool option. Would love to have one for the 318.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Why would they be rare for a hydro tractor? Is there a difference in the way attachments mount in the gear vs. hydro Deere?

The one on my Bolens will fit pretty much all of the tube frames, hydro or gear driven, with the possible exception of the 600.

The one for the Bolens uses a sub frame that mounts to the tractor, and then the chipper mounts to that. Pretty simple actually.
They run of the pto to the front of the tractor on The Deere's here is a pic of each

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts