My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TYM T394 Tractor review

From my research I know TYM makes tractors for some Mahindra models and all Rural King models. Do some research I’m sure they make others but those are the two in my area that I was considering.

Let’s start saying I previously owned a Kubota L3301. I also ran a CASE backhoe when I was a kid for two summers. I’m no expert but know what I know.

I have now 50 hours on my TYM T394 Tractor and would like to give a 50 hour review… here are 10 items I want to go over. Only 10 because that’s all I could think of good and bad.

1. I noticed is the loader control didn’t function like my Kubota. I can only make one directional change on the loader at a time so I am unable to level the bucket while raising it at the same time. I wish they would change this.
2. The T394 tractor has a generic seat and is designed to have seat suspension under the seat but the tractor seat sits really low and is not comfortable to operate. I ordered seat suspension right away correcting the issue. This should also be corrected by TYM.
3. I liked the open station so I can get on and off the machine on either side. This makes a big difference to me.
4. I also like the FWD and Reverse pedals. My Kubota had a rocker pedal and it caused back pain… I always had to have one foot higher than the other causing a shift in weight. TYM got this right.
5. no safety cut off on the seat. My Kubota would shut off when my weight would shift on the seat.
6. the controls on the back hoe worked fine it was able to quick attach the entire backhoe pretty easy.
7. The quick attach skid steer loader function is pretty flimsy but it works. I wish it was more like my Kubota.
8. The hydraulics on the loader are pretty slow.
9. I guess this is not about the tractor but the dealer… I would make a decision on what tractor I get in the future more on where the dealer is located. I have had to take my tractor in for repair 2 times in 50 hours. This is because the dealer made mistakes and didn’t do the required checks prior to selling me the tractor. Had they done the required checks they would have found 2 of the 3 problems maybe all 3. I’m not going to bad mouth that dealer but that good price wasn’t worth the trouble.

That’s it… I hope this helps people make a decision on what tractor to get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Most recent news on this tractor it has been broken 7 times and I have only owned this for 6 months. Of that time it has been getting worked on for a total of about 4 months. I’m still trying to clean up my hurricane debris from last year but the tractor keeps breaking. I either got a lemon or this model/ brand is not worth the money. The tractor is sitting at Southern Tractor in AL for repairs yet again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southern Tractor in Alabama just informed me my tractor is done... Well they didn’t really inform me, I have had to call for any updates on my tractor.
It’s been almost a month they got sent up there on three October and it’s 31 October today. I wouldn’t of found out it was done if I didn’t call so I’m sure it would’ve been a month.

I will pick it up tomorrow and post any updates after that.

Crossing my fingers that this is the last time I have issues.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Southern Tractor in Alabama just informed me my tractor is done... Well they didn’t really inform me, I have had to call for any updates on my tractor.
It’s been almost a month they got sent up there on three October and it’s 31 October today. I wouldn’t of found out it was done if I didn’t call so I’m sure it would’ve been a month.

I will pick it up tomorrow and post any updates after that.

Crossing my fingers that this is the last time I have issues.
+

Vibes man. I hope they got it right this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts