My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read where some folks on here used the spray Ice quick wax. Took powerflow off, cleaned mower and used Ice for the first time. Was impressed with how good it worked. It only took about 15 minutes to apply to whole mower.
Used Armour All Gel on the plastic, turned out looking pretty good.
Still looks good after almost 2 years and around 70 hours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Read where some folks on here used the spray Ice quick wax.

That is only for touch-up!! You have to apply the regular ICE first with the applicator.
All most all the wax companies make a quick detailer for in between waxings ICE's is great cause if you have done the full application, the detailer ( quick) won't scratch even if there is a little dust.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use the regular ICE paste, it also works great on plastic. Leaves no white stain on plastics like regular car wax does. Makes it shine like Armor all or 303 (303 gets used on all the rubber parts)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, going to clean up the powerflow this weekend. Not sure if I want to use the Armarall gel, or spray it down with the ICE. Did not use the paste first, only the spray, may get the paste and try it on the black parts on the powervac and bagger.
I never let it get very dirty, use windex glass cleaner and spray down the whole mower and wipe it clean with a towel after every mowing, may be overkill, but the way I see, its my mower and it only takes about 15 minutes after i mow. Learned the windex glass cleaner trick when I was younger and had a 68 shelby mustang and use to go to a lot of mustang car shows and everyone used it to spray down the car and wipe it off, seemed to keep it shining, but the ICE is the best product i have ever tried yet.
Never used a water hose on it thats only because i have a friend who is a technician at the local jd shop and he said they get a lot of repair work due to folks washing off the mower or mowing in wet grass, he did say if you did you should blow it off with a leaf blower or something, but water would still get in places that it will not get blowed out of and cause it to rust up, he said they see it all the time, folks bring them in, decks look spotless, but have to have bearings, etc. replaced because the water got into places and caused problems over time, so I just dont do it.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
I'm still a little confused. Regular ICE comes as a clear liquid in a bottle with a free sponge like applicator and micro-fiber cloth. I did not know there was a paste ??
I agree with the no water, but when needed I use my air compressor, with everything covered with Ice it dries pretty quickly and completely.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not really sure how it comes, i just saw a bottle of the spray at walmart and tried it and works great. How about on the black part of the powervac and catcher, was going to use the armorall gel, which is real thick and works for a long time on my jeep grand cherokee with the wide molding down both sides, but may try the turtle wax spray if it will keep it looking like new for longer.
My neighbor just shakes his head when I cleaning after i finish, but will then make the comment, man, I wish mine looked as good as yours. I know to some it may seem crazy to clean, wax, etc., but I figure you could almost buy a car for what these things cost, so why not keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
There is Ice liquid "wax" with the foam applicator and then there is Ice detailer. I use them both with great success. It's so easy to work with. I've never seen the paste, and don't see the advantage, but I'm sure it's out there. The Ice line has expanded big time.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
What is that black looking thingy just above the right guage wheel?
Looks like the mounting bracket for a powerflo. slkpk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The black piece is part of the powerflow vac system, as stated in the first post, i took off the bagger and decided to give it a cleaning and try the ICE, also, I said it is two years old with around 75 hours, and that was how they did them two years ago.
I was thinking about taking the ICE to the black on the Powerflow vac, but will most likely use the Armorall Gel, unless someone on here has done the black plastic with the ICE and was pleased with how it turned out.
Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like the way the new guage wheels are done, but set mine to match the height that I mow two years ago and never had to mess with them since.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
My Jeep Liberty Renegade ( including the roof light rack) has almost as much black plastic trim as a Grand Cherokee.
I like the ICE way better for that application, because the other type products like you mentioned and tire dressings, Etc. all attract dust rather than repel it.
The application of ICE is different for plastic type part as opposed to painted parts.
On Plastic you apply and wipe off, on paint you apply and let it set up 5-10 minutes then wipe off. BIG DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Jeep Liberty Renegade ( including the roof light rack) has almost as much black plastic trim as a Grand Cherokee.
I like the ICE way better for that application, because the other type products like you mentioned and tire dressings, Etc. all attract dust rather than repel it.
The application of ICE is different for plastic type part as opposed to painted parts.
On Plastic you apply and wipe off, on paint you apply and let it set up 5-10 minutes then wipe off. BIG DIFFERENCE

Thanks
Have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have been restoring and will give it a try. I put Black Mag Wheels on it and Black Wall tires and it looks real good for about a couple of weeks if you use Armorall Etc.., will try it on the body molding down the side and the bumpers. Did you use the spray on like I got at walmart, or the liquid type that is mentioned with the applicator? It is white with the Dark grey molding so hope the ICE will really make it look sharp

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
I use the bottle with the included sponge applicator. As I said I also use the spray detailer between waxings( different product altogether I did not know there is just spray ICE full strength?????
( spring and fall for the mower and snow blower and the black areas
( the sponge gets to the underside of my X520 frame).
As most of you know I have switched to KLASSE for the green and Yellow parts.

Okay here is ICE on everthing but the seat and tires and chains.( last year before Klasse)
The chute is plastic the impeller the grill and dash are too made wiping it down after a snow storm much easier.
I still recommend for 99% of the guys on the forum to use only the ICE. 1 product, fool proof, can put it on most every part.( especially the mower deck, both sides, and every where on the snow blower. I don't even wipe it off on most of the underside

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Well KATT what if I don't feel like ICEing my stuff what's the harm ????

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Katt
That looks pretty nice, going to go to walmart tomorrow and pick up some of the Ice with the applicator. I just saw a spray bottle when I was there the other day, never paid enough attention to notice there where different kinds of the ICE. Going to do all the black on the x320, then do all of the molding on the jeep

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just did all the molding on the jeep and bumpers, man that stuff is the best.
Looks like its been armoralled. I put some black steel mags on it a few months ago, put it on the mags and they shine like crazy. Tried it on the front bug shield, same results. Got some on the tires when I was doing the black steel mag wheels and it looks like it will do the same for the tires.
Tomorrow, going to clean up the Powerflow items for the X320 and then put the ice on it.
thanks for advice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts