My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J&S Jacks makes the TurfBuddy lift which sells for $289.95. There is now a Pro-Lift T-5350 lift which even Amazon sells for $139.99 which is made in China and looks similar to the TurfBuddy. The Pro-Lift evens gets decent reviews on this forum and Amazon. There are some complaints about quality control, but for the price people who comment generally discount this aspect. My garden tractor has a large front bumper, so these lifts, which lift from below, are not bothered by the bumper, so they are candidates for my use.

For people in the know who really have looked, I would guess the build and quality control of the TurfBuddy is superior to the Pro-Lift. Also American made versus (I guess) Chinese copy. So now for the $150 or more difference, is the quality difference, safety difference, and American versus Chinese worth the price? There may be additional subtle safety differences. Has anyone here really looked at the differences?

·
Registered
29 Posts
<- Also interested!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I don't know anything about either, but here is my lift. I think I payed around $79 for it. Gets it high enough to use my air wrench.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at my garden tractor, and I do not think it has a safe lift point underneath on the frame in front. Since both the TurfBuddy and the Pro-Lift lift at the front tires, and since both are able I believe to lock their mechanisms, then are they not safer? Originally when I put my front bumper on it was to protect the tractor at the edge of the woods, and I was looking for something to lift the tractor by the front bumper, but I found nothing that looked sturdy and safe. However, I believe even on this forum the mechanical people have put together tractor lifts with hook like devices that can lift at the front bumper. I just wanted a sturdy and robust lift that I could buy over the counter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts