My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always used Mobile 1 in my L130 (kohler) since it was new. I now have an X475 with the Kaw engine that I bought used from original owner. He always used JD oil. Since I had great results from Mobile 1 should I switch to it in the X475 or stay with the Turf Guard? BTW anyone know who makes the Turf Guard oil for JD?

·
Registered
333 Posts
In my opinion, once the break in period is over, have at it. As long as it meets specs, which I'm sure it does, all will be well. Personally I run the 0-40 syn JD oil, with JD filters. Who makes any of the oil for JD is up for grabs.... I have no idea. If they say it meets their specs thats good enough for me. I see zero oil related failures as long as there is oil in it!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Xcopterdoc;2038651 said:
In my opinion, once the break in period is over, have at it. As long as it meets specs, which I'm sure it does, all will be well. Personally I run the 0-40 syn JD oil, with JD filters. Who makes any of the oil for JD is up for grabs.... I have no idea. If they say it meets their specs thats good enough for me. I see zero oil related failures as long as there is oil in it!
And that's exactly it. JD buy's the oil on specification and price. Mao-Mart buys on price and spec. JD is responsible for the warranty, Mao-Mart isn't. Just buy good quality oil and you can't go too wrong.

Brings to mind the Q-State commercial "Motor Oil's Motor Oil" which is funny on at least two levels 1. the way he said it and 2. it's not for motors, it's for engines. Day one training, "Motors have switches, engines have pistons, call it a motor from now on and I'll have you out there fixing clothes dryers"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.