Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The number stamped on the top reads: 010258
I thing you should star a new thread for more visibility and more response in the John Deere forum. :fing32:

I will try to find your number reference and answer it in your new thread.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
JoaT,MoN
379 Posts
I just stopped by the dealer today to pick up the stuff I need to rehab my GT235 with a K71B. The chart you posted says to use the hi-vis J20C, but they don't even carry it in the dealerships down here - all they have is the lo-vis, so I picked up a gallon and a quart. Is it because of the heat here in Texas that we should be running lo-vis, or should I order the hi-vis stuff from Keeping it Green as per the mfr. specs? BTW, my manual calls for lo-vis, too.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just stopped by the dealer today to pick up the stuff I need to rehab my GT235 with a K71B. The chart you posted says to use the hi-vis J20C, but they don't even carry it in the dealerships down here - all they have is the lo-vis, so I picked up a gallon and a quart. Is it because of the heat here in Texas that we should be running lo-vis, or should I order the hi-vis stuff from Keeping it Green as per the mfr. specs? BTW, my manual calls for lo-vis, too.
About the K71B, that was discuss earlier and the members go with what the John Deere manual suggest.:fing32:

·
JoaT,MoN
379 Posts
:thanku:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
What axle is on the 140 , is it the k92?

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What axle is on the 140 , is it the k92?
It not a K92 for sure, on John Deere parts web site (AM35247 SUB FOR AM32552).

Try to find with the search engine or start a new thread and ask. :goodl:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a x320, dont see how you can change the fluid, is this a issue i should be concerned about

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
To change the oil in the transaxle Click Here

If you don't have any issue with it, there nothing to be worried about.

·
Registered
294 Posts
To change the oil in the transaxle Click Here

If you don't have any issue with it, there nothing to be worried about.
Thanks for reply, but wondering just in case I ever decided, if anyone would know of anyone around the Winston Salem NC area that could do this. My mower works great, not having any problems, but would be good to have the information. I ordered a few items from my local john deere rep and was asking about this and they all said that they could not do it, so just wondering if anyone knew of a good contact outside of the dealership.
Seems to me, if no problems then not going to think about it until the warranty is about to run out, then going to have a final service and check by the local rep before it completly runs out. Just seems like there are a lot of post on this site about folks having problems or concered about the changing of the fluid in the tranny, I know the x320 is sealed, but does seem like it would be better if you did change it. Even seen something about a way to do it with a siphon pump without dropping the tranny, not quite sure how you would put fluid back in though.
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for reply, but wondering just in case I ever decided, if anyone would know of anyone around the Winston Salem NC area that could do this. My mower works great, not having any problems, but would be good to have the information. I ordered a few items from my local john deere rep and was asking about this and they all said that they could not do it, so just wondering if anyone knew of a good contact outside of the dealership.
Seems to me, if no problems then not going to think about it until the warranty is about to run out, then going to have a final service and check by the local rep before it completly runs out. Just seems like there are a lot of post on this site about folks having problems or concered about the changing of the fluid in the tranny, I know the x320 is sealed, but does seem like it would be better if you did change it. Even seen something about a way to do it with a siphon pump without dropping the tranny, not quite sure how you would put fluid back in though.
Thanks

If the machine is still under warranty I wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks
Its under warranty, not going to touch anything until close to the time the warranty runs out, then going to have dealer go over and check everything out. Just wondering if anyone knows anyone in my area that they would recommend to change the fluid in the tranny after the warranty runs out.
Only got about 60 hours on it at the moment, so a long ways to go yet, but seems like you see a lot of post about tranny problems and how important it is to change the fluid.

·
Registered
179 Posts
but seems like you see a lot of post about tranny problems and how important it is to change the fluid.

No kidding. I can't imagine not having a fill and drain plug on a trans/rear end.
How would you explain that and a high failure rate in court during a class action?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.