My Tractor Forum banner

tuff torq K57 questions

13K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  kevfal 
#1 ·
I very naively purchased the above transaxle thinking it was just a case of making up a couple of pull/push rods/cables, drop the 5 speed and replace with the hydro......
Now it has arrived and I discover I have run out of talent. I have gone searching for information on the www and this forum with no luck, as I have no clue what does what.
Below are some photo's with numbers as follows. The question for all 8 is What does this do?
1) Lever
2) hole (breather?)
3) Lever
4) Lever
5) Hydraulic coupler female
6) Hydraulic coupler female
7) Hydraulic coupler male
8) Hydraulic coupler male

Thanks in advance for all the help that follows :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
.... some hours later and I have found a few things out, this is a 4wd hydro K574........Got that wrong then :banghead3
All is not lost though, I should be able to short loop the 2 flows back to the 2 returns, they can then be ignored....I think.

I am still working on the levers, I am guessing

1) Freewheel lever?
3) Brake lever:dunno::dunno:... but not sure if a brake is required on a hydro
4) Fore and aft lever?

I will keep hunting but if you are in the know please put me right.:thThumbsU

#4 ·
I'm glad you're answering your own questions, 'cause I don't know tuff torque. Control lever will be the input command, (forward and reverse). I doubt you could forget about the 4wd ports; if you find a circuit drawing I'd like to see it. Then maybe I can help you hook it up.

#6 ·
#19 ·
They should be minimum 2500 psi hoses.

I put 5800 psi hoses on my 2100 psi loader, but those wouldn't like that tight radius turn.

#20 ·
Tuff torq came up trumps again!

The very nice man there (Derrik) sent the following details of the hydraulic system, I post them here in case they of use to others.

My hose man classes these as low pressure and the hoses should be with me soon!
Tudor said
They should be minimum 2500 psi hoses
That seems to be quite close to what the hose man has said to me, thanks for the input.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.