My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I had back surgery and my tractor is in need of a new seat and I'd like to find something that has some suspension to it. Has anyone tried to install one of these seats on a tube frame?

http://www.thesmartfarmer.com/supplies/New-Black-Universal-Replacement-Tractor-Seat-with-Spring-and-Gas-Shocks__TS1050AT.aspx

Appears to be about the same width as the high back seat I now have but this one since it has suspension might be a longer frame underneath that might not fit front to back within the fender area? It also appears to sit higher although I'm sure it's adjustable up and down.

I'm not a big guy so I would sit closer to the steering wheel. I'm going to take the measurements they supply and see how close it will be to what's on the tractor now but was just curious if anyone else has tried to install one of these on a garden tractor. Thanks in advance, Bruce

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well should have measured first before posting, it appears this seat is going to be to big just as I thought it might be . . . so anyone else have any thoughts on a good replacement?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Not so fast, nothing a little fabrication and thought that can lead to a comfy ride. This is still a work in progress, just modified the mount and cut two inches off it to make it more flush to fender, then added a hinge to the front to tilt up to check hydro.

Then lowered the spring tension on the seat to min and @ 200lbs I sit with 1 inch of suspension at about factory height. The cut out on the back of the fender seems to match the lines where the stamp in the steel changes.Add 1 1/2 angle iron under the fender to pick up the weakness created by cutting the fender.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
These are large frames but I see no reason why they can not be put on tubers.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm ok thanks!!!

I was giving it some more thought today and as you all say it's do-able with some fabrication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts