My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a spline the same size as the one in the double pulley? My shaft ate the splines out today so I installed a spare PTO I had. I'd like to repair the one I broke for a spare and was hoping to find something with the same size spline to possibly machine to fit my damaged pulley. Maybe a shaft collar or coupling?

If all else fails I'll keep my eye on eBay for a replacement pulley, not ready to pay the $$$'s for a new one just yet :)

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Worse case you can find them on ebay usually for under $50.00 after all the bidding is done.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have a 1050 I am parting out. PM me and maybe we can work out a deal.

Jason

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Has anyone found a fix to this? The PO on my 1220 replaced the pulley and shaft before I got it. Seems like the play is whats beating it up. Could you add some set screws to the pulley to keep it from moving around? Haven't looked at it in awhile so can't remember if it needs to float on the shaft.

Brad

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It does not need to move. It is held in place by snap rings on both sides. I'm sure a set screw could be added somehow.

Jason

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ok thats what I thought, haven't really used the 1220 since the snow storms this winter. I'm planning on drilling and tapping 4 set screws(one pair per pulley) in the valley of the pulley around 90 deg. appart. This should keep the rotational movement down and hopefully prevent the hardened shaft from tearing up the cast pulley.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts