My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, when I got my 850, the motor mount bolts were very loose. So I of course, overcranked them, and being dry rotted, they fell apart.

I'm having issues finding replacements for these. Does anyone know of a supplier or happen to have a set of 4 laying around? I'm almost to the point that it's motor sitting on frame they've fallen apart so bad.

Thanks in advance! :trink40:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The spacers between the eninge and frame are supposed to be just a round steel spacer so the engine would be basicly solid mounted to the frame. If your tractor had rubber bushing then they were put on by a previous owner and aren't correct.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have some poly swaybar bushings left over i was gonna put on my jeep, but ended up changing the links so i didnt use them

i was thinking about putting them in as spacers, they are rigid but will have a little give unlike solid spacers

searching around on ebay i saw g10 and g12 rubber mounts for sale

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I found the G10 and G12 ones, but I don't think they'll work on the 850. Where can I get said solid mounts for my 850? Currently all that was on there were small rubber donuts, that were very dry rotted. When I cranked it down tight they cracked and fell apart.

·
Registered
286 Posts
the ones on my g12 right now are a hodge podge of things

looke like nuts and bolts with whatever the PO had for spacers, there are nuts there and even some brass fittings

so find whatever you have which will take up that space

some pipe cut down
washers
or nuts as spacers

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there doesn't need to be any type of damper there? I could basically just bolt the motor straight to the frame with washers separating them?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yes, if i remember correctly- they are just a .750" tall- steel spacer- the tires are giving you a damper- make sure you get the height pretty close- as it affects you belt tension to the pto

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
There are different steel spacers for them. I'd say you could even use some heavy wall pipe /tubing, nut, stack of washers etc and do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
last time i needed then i picked up 4-brass bushings 3/8" i.d. by i think 1/2"o.d. by .750" long- i have made them also from solid plastic rod like derlin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts