My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the site, looking to buy a used TS 142 but can't find much info on this model wondering if anyone has one or just an opinion on their quality/reliability?

·
Registered
NA
11 Posts
I'm a newb here, but was looking for a good, affordable lawn tractor for a while before I finally went with a JD S240. That TS142 is mostly entry-level with basic B&S engine (and only 1-cyclinder which some folks say is hard on engine) and common k46 transaxle (nothing wrong with it, but it's just meant for light use and has a shorter lifespan than other versions). I heard some Husqvarna's had issues with the frame, but I don't know which models that was. We also don't know what you're doing with this machine, how much area you're looking to mow, what the terrain is like, etc. Looks like the TS242/300 series are a bit better.

Check out this thread, it might help: Husqvarna TS 242XD?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, I'm on an acreage but will only be mowing about an acre or two. Not too hilly or bumpy but definitely not a golf green. Just finished a build this year so we've done all our own grading, top soiling and seeding.

·
Super Moderator
17,133 Posts
Well at least the TS 100 series is actually Built On a rail frame it's frame is stronger then either the TS200 or TS300 frame which use stamped Frames That said I would Look at another Brand or a TS100 with a 46 or 48inch deck if You dead set on Husqvarna or consider a Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mowers YTH24V54 There better Built then the TS200 or TS300 as well Because a 42inch deck will be at least a 2 hr job if Not Longer for a 2 acre Lot Do You have a Bigger Machine for Chores other then Mowing ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts