My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of restoring a 4213 to mowing condition and I've hit a snag. One of my spindle pulleys is rotted through with rust, and the replacement part (76240-752-830) is unavailable from Honda anymore. It seems like 2 have sold on ebay in the last year or so, but otherwise I don't know how I'd track down a replacement.

It uses an odd spline pattern that I haven't found any other suppliers for. I count 19 teeth on the spline. There are two other pulley sizes in the parts diagram that fit the same spline shaft (e.g. the slightly smaller pulley on the right blade as well as the driven pulley) but they all seem to be not available as well. My machine shop buddy thinks that he could cut the hub out of the pulley I have and weld it into a weld-hub pulley if I could find an appropriate size one, but it would be an expensive job.

Just looking at part's lists, it seems that the 3013, 3813, 3810, 3811 and htr3009 all use the same splined blade shaft, so their pulleys should at least fit on the shaft. Has anyone tried sourcing a pulley (or dropping in one made for a slightly different mower deck) with any success? The biggest concern I have besides diameter is not buying a pulley that is made for a different V-belt size.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
You should be able to use the center of your existing, rusted out pulley and weld a new outer part on it, if the center part hasn't been damaged much from taking it off, based on looking at the pulley here: Honda 76240-752-830 - PULLEY, DECK | Boats.net

You should be able to find a pretty close match weld on pulley as well (they make them with different diameters and belt widths). The only difficult part that I can see is getting the offset right. With a lathe and a welding machine, it's pretty straightforward to do, but having to pay someone to do it at a shop can be expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm planning to rebuild the mower deck for my 4514 this winter and I also found the pulleys as "unavailable" on Boats.net. I "did" manage to find them on of all places Bike Bandit. Maybe they'll have the one(s) you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm planning to rebuild the mower deck for my 4514 this winter and I also found the pulleys as "unavailable" on Boats.net. I "did" manage to find them on of all places Bike Bandit. Maybe they'll have the one(s) you need.
Did you try actually ordering them? That's the situation I'm in actually. I placed an order with Bikebandit that included 76240-752-830 (listed as available) but they sent me a message that it was unavailble from Honda. I don't think they actually stock most parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They were showing "In Stock" so I figured "what the heck". I guess I'll learn what the real deal is next week.

·
5,812 Posts
You might luck out with Grainger or McMaster Carr...Grainger has walk in places where you could bring your part in and they measure it up and see if they have something...I have been able to get a lot of unusual stuff from them...decent prices for what you get...all high quality

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might luck out with Grainger or McMaster Carr...Grainger has walk in places where you could bring your part in and they measure it up and see if they have something...I have been able to get a lot of unusual stuff from them...decent prices for what you get...all high quality
I dug through their catalogs without much luck. The 19 spline pattern seems really unusual.
While I was watching ebay for a pulley to show up I used some devcon plastic steel epoxy to build up the damaged portions of mine. It looks ok but I'm still waiting on some other parts so I haven't had the chance to test it. I have no idea whether the epoxy filler will be strong enough.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, Naffer, you probably will not like this answer, but since the 4213 and 3813 are the same tractor, you could install a complete 3813 mower deck (much more readily available) and make three more laps mowing with a smaller deck...
If you are patient, the pulley will likely pop up on ebay eventually. I just bought two 76160-758-700 pulleys for my H4013 tractor transmission drive belt and I've been searching for them for almost two years. The bearing on one of my old ones was completely gone from running directly on the mounting bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts