My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Huskee I was trying to put it on,,,it's not working from what I can tell.

Anyone know what this blade will go on??
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=mtd&mn=190-840-000+48"+Snow+Blade+(1992)&dn=01317800001

Or for that matter ,,how does it mount?? I know it goes on brackets/rods that are used for lifting the deck. But nothing seems to line up,,, and it seems the piece that goes to hitch plate does not clear trans housing.

I am missing brackets 41 and have no idea how bracket 31 is suppose to mount. lol
I have several other tractors it might mount to,,if I knew how it works.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
That Fits on MTD Garden tractors from the 1990's that has a Implements lift handle on the right Mid side
Example of style of Garden Tractors it fits on
and I bet You have a Lift lever Back on the fender if Thats the case it Probably won't fit. 31 Is a Guide fit's off the front of the Tractor If You Go here http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/Public.do and Plug in the 190 number without the dashes and enter 1 for the Ser# you can dowload the Manaul:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't get the site you linked to work properly. said no matches for the search.
To see how it works would be great,,maybe I could modify.
The machines I have tried to put this on so far are a 2003 huskee and a 2001 yard machine. They look very similar to your pictured machine.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I couldn't get the site you linked to work properly. said no matches for the search.
To see how it works would be great,,maybe I could modify.
The machines I have tried to put this on so far are a 2003 huskee and a 2001 yard machine. They look very similar to your pictured machine.
Try the actual model number and serial numbers. They should be located under the seat on that machine.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
Blade Manual
Model number to enter 190840 do not add the last 3 000
Ser# 1
It will bring up the Blade Manual just like this Pictured Here

click view Manual and You can download it
If You want the tractor Manual You need the Model Number Under the seat and You can still use 1 for Ser#
:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blade Manual
Model number to enter 190840 do not add the last 3 000
Ser# 1
It will bring up the Blade Manual just like this Pictured Here

click view Manual and You can download it
If You want the tractor Manual You need the Model Number Under the seat and You can still use 1 for Ser#
:thThumbsU
Thanks for the help.

Tells me what I wanted to know. I can't believe the pivot point is only about 5" from the lift point ,,in the middle of tractor ,,and it is lifting a 3' bracket with the snow blade way out there on the end of it.

I see why the guide bracket is on the front but it don't help lift.

I think I can make it work with a few homemade brackets to made things line up.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I got it mounted. Had to make a few brackets but it was very close to being correct for this tractor.

One small problem is,,the blade ,,,all the way up is only about 2" off the ground. But it can still be used this way,,just a little tougher in some situations.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
2 inches?
The Sears plow used on my tractor that it's made for, is only 1 inch clearance. I think the frame is either bent or I have smaller front wheels than standard. What a pain that is when working on an uneven driveway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts