My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently became a first time home owner. I live in north eastern Kentucky in a rural area. As any property owner knows, and I discovered, your work is never done. I needed some equipment to maintain my 1 acre lawn, 1 acre wooded lot, remove snow/ice from my driveway in the winter, and other little odds and ends. So the search was on. I was looking for a decent lawn tractor that could mow my lawn and remove the snow in winter with a scraper blade or whatever. I soon discovered the Gravely two wheel tractors and the smorgasbord of attachments available for them. I think these little tractors are the best thing a home owner could have. They were in my price range and can do everything I need to maintain my property. They are tough too! So I purchased a used 5665 with the 12 hp Kohler that is two years my elder. It came with three original attachments: 30" brush-hog deck, 40" Professional lawn deck, and dozer/snow blade. I am currently in the process of building a few of my own attachments such as a pressure washer and stump grinder. I also have acquired some fixer up Gravelys and attachments like the rotary plow and cultivator. So yeah the Gravely two wheel is a perfect choice for me; one engine to maintain = grass mowed, garden plowed/tilled, wooded lot brush-hogged, and hopefully soon decks pressure washed and stumps ground into mulch. Sorry for the lengthy intro, thanks for the great site!

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Welcome aboard! :Welcome:
Be sure to check out the Gravely/Ariens section of the board, as much discussion of the gravely 2-wheelers goes on there. I'm a big fan of the 5000 series machines.

We love pictures, especially of homemade equipment. I also know that there were discussions of stump grinder attachments, so do a quick search and you can find some sources for parts. I know that you can buy a bolt-on head to (probably) convert the power head from your 30" mower to use for stump grinding. It kind of depends on which 30" mower drive you have.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

Welcome to MTF and the world of Gravely! Its always nice to have another Gravely nut on the board.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
You are lucky, you found Gravelys so quickly. I went through several tractors mowers and snow blowers before I found out how great those 2 wheelers are. Then I found out how great Gravely 4 wheelers are....and another addict was made. Good luck with your machines and your property, and :MTF_wel2: and don't forget,:wwp:. Ed

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Welcome to the site! The guys on here are great and well versed on these rigs, they have really helped me out with my newly purchased gravely!

By the way, what VW do you drive? I own and drive a 63 crew cab!

Gerry

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
So, where are the pix?
I've been thinking of adapting a pressure washer too, I did build a Gravely powered welder.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
First off,:MTF_wel: Glad you are here. There are lots of guys here with a broad knowledge base who are willing to help those of us out with who are not so knowledgable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts