My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TruGreen started their applications today.

Well I got a liquid herbicide and a granular fertilizer. I now have to water it in. Was hoping they would have used a liquid feritilzer that is more user friendly. Good thing it has been VERY humid here in the mornings because the ground gets soaked with all the morning dew. Sometimes I regret signing up for this because I more of a do it yourself kind of guy when my capabilites allow. If all they are going to do to treat my lawn is spread some fertilizer with a broadcaster, then I should have saved my money. The sight of those granular pepples on the ground bothers me.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Since you don't mind doing it yourself start looking for a sprayer and a spreader. If you go with a sprayer you can use both weed killer and fertilizer. I quit the yard services years ago. Most of the time they did a half assed job and was very expensive IMO. The final straw was when they killed some shrubs and refused to do anything about it. Said their weed killer wasn't strong enough to kill shrubs. In a few years you'll be money ahead. slkpk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts