My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the catalog I can see that the bars on the Tru Power present a more flat surface while the bars on the Super Lug seem to present more of a curved surface.

From those of you with first hand knowledge, what is the difference between these two tires? Why would one choose one over the other?

·
Super Moderator
33,831 Posts
Superlugs with their wide distance between the lugs will self-clean better than Tru-powers in mud (and possibly clay soil) IMO. I have the super-lugs and like them. They provide a very bumpy ride on hard surfaces though!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Well for one, Carlisle doesnt sell Super Lugs anymore. Deestone and Hi-Run make knockoffs, but the real Carlisle's are NLA.

Tru-Powers have a square profile on the sidewall, Super Lugs are more rounded.

I have Tru Powers and they are unstoppable

·
Registered
272 Posts
I can only compare my new Tru-Powers to an almost wore out set of SuperLugs, The Tru-Powers have a flatter tread therefore more rubber on the ground which i would translate to better traction, and with what i had to compare with, (SuperLugs wore out ) the Tru-Powers do lots better, But as stated earlier they will fill with mud very fast, i got in a wet spot today with mine and spun the right rear about one turn and it was loaded with mud.
Tim

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think it also depends on what you're putting them on

On my square body Simp 7116 the TruPowers look at home - but I think they'd look rather poor on my '64 Landlord (which has GoodYears). Same rim size iirc.
That's given you care about cosmetics anyhow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts